Springfield Public Schools
Job title: 2023 Teacher Intern – Study Alternative High School
#Teacher #Intern #Study #Alternative #High #School
Company: Springfield Public Schools
Job description: Job Title: Teacher Intern (ESSER III Funded)
Department: Learning Secondary
Pay Grade: INT1
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Principal
This is a grant-funded position and continuation of the position is solely based upon the receipt of grant funds.
Responsible for providing support to the instructional program by serving as a building substitute teacher providing direct student instruction during teacher absences on an ongoing and regular basis while supporting other building needs. Including, in part, working with individual and/or small groups of students to meet academic, social and emotional goals, while developing the skills needed to become a successful teacher.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serves as the building’s substitute teacher, providing coverage at a school site for short term and long-term teacher absences, providing instruction and supports for students while reinforcing classroom objectives to ensure continuity of learning.
- Develop, adapt and administer classroom lessons, activities, assignments, make-up work and/or materials in support of the classroom teacher, supporting instruction and reinforcing classroom objectives.
- Assist students, individually and in small groups, with lesson assignments, practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade level standards.
- Attend meetings, workshops, conferences, trainings, etc. receiving and conveying information relative to job functions.
- Communicate with teachers regarding student progress, participating in needs assessments and assisting in evaluating progress.
- Implement interventions, under the supervision school personnel, teaching, and/or reinforcing learning concepts.
- Maintain manual and electronic files and records providing written reference and meeting mandated requirements.
- Monitor individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings ensuring a safe and positive learning environment.
- Perform general functions supporting the instructional program.
- Report health and safety issues to instructional personnel, administrative personnel and/or appropriate agencies maintaining students’ personal safety, a positive learning environment and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Respond to emergency situations resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Sixty (60) college hours completed, required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Job related experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Other Special Requirements
- Must obtain and maintain Missouri Substitute Teaching Certificate with the objective to obtain a certificate of license to teach in Missouri.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Clearance, the results of which must be satisfactory to the District, required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues, draw conclusions and create action plans.
- Knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include concepts of grammar and punctuation; stages of child development and learning styles; age appropriate activities; and methods of instruction and training.
- Skill to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Skill based competencies required to perform the functions of the job, including operating standard office equipment including using a variety of software applications; planning and managing projects; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Ability to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment.
- Ability to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to apply critical thinking/problem solving to improve work processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; set priorities; meet deadlines and schedules; work with detailed information; and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to work as part of a team; adapt to changing priorities; and apply logical processes and analytical skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work environment is primarily inside, where the noise and temperature levels are moderate.
- The work is light work that requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
- Must possess the physical ability to perceive the nature of sounds, make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, substantial movements (motions) with the hands, wrists, and/or fingers, and discern letters or numbers at a given distance.
- Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, climbing, crawling, crouching, feeling, grasping, handling, hearing, kneeling, manual dexterity, mental acuity, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, standing, stooping, talking, visual acuity and walking.
Job Title : 2022-2023 Teacher Intern – Study Alternative High School
Primary Location : Study Alternative Center
Salary Range : $28,854.00 / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Expected salary: $28854 per year
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 03:40:54 GMT