Western Technical College
Job title: Adjunct Instructor – Electrical Apprenticeship (Night School)
#Adjunct #Instructor #Electrical #Apprenticeship #Night #School
Company: Western Technical College
Job description: Position Summary
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region Western and is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all co-workers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn, dedicated to serving students, and committed to the principles of equity and social justice. Western believes that serving the full breadth of our student and co-worker populations requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. We recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination and are committed to counteracting these biases and eliminating the effects they have had on our students, co-workers, and communities. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching, learning, social justice and equity, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: Instructors are responsible for providing quality academic curriculum, instruction, assessment, and for ensuring a productive and challenging learning experience is delivered to prepare students for the workplace and/or a pathway to further education.This position works to promote social justice within the division and the larger academic institution.
Instruction will be primarily in the face-to-face format.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Instruction – Supporting Actions May Include:
- Deliver courses in multiple modes of delivery including modern classroom (F2F), interactive distance learning (IDL), online or hybrid/blended, and on-site training for external customers where applicable
- Develop and deliver instructional design activities
- Address and refer student concerns
- Guide and support students on one-to-one basis outside the classroom as well as in classroom setting
- Assist students in developing critical thinking skills to understand/apply concepts of subject matter to vocational, ethical, social, and personal practices
3. Classroom Management – Supporting Actions May Include:
- Monitor student progress and conduct student evaluation
- Provide input and/or maintain division accreditation and student records
- Integrate the college core abilities as well as the program outcomes and course competencies
4. Program Development and Academic Leadership – Supporting Actions May Include:
- Responsible for instructional learning activities
- Provide academic referrals as appropriate
- Organize, develop, and deliver outcomes-based curriculum and assess student learning
5. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
6. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western’s culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
Potential courses of need include:
- 47413450 – 20 hour Electrical Code Review
- Electrical Exam Prep Course
- 47413477-4 hour Electrician Arc Flash
- 47413437 – 20 hour Motor Controls
- 47413407-40 hour Blueprint Reading for Electricians
- Green Energy
- Fire Safety
- Relay Logic
- Computer Skills
- Data Communications
- Electrical Circuits
- Electrical Safety
- Electronic Controls
- Fiber Optics
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Electronics, EM or related field OR
- Completed Apprenticeship in Construction Electrician or Industrial Electrician
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- One year experience (2000 hrs) must be within last 5 yrs.
- Eligible for/or meets WTCS Instructor certification which includes occupational and professional experience and must be maintained
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Teaching experience preferred
Special Instructions/About Western
This position reports to: Dean – Integrated Technology
Starting salary range based on education and experience: $37-$43/hour
Applicant review will begin: August 5, 2021
Start Date of: September 2021
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.
Expected salary: $37 – 43 per hour
Location: La Crosse, WI
Job date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 01:49:46 GMT