Job title: Administrative Coordinator
Job description: Description
UPMC Children’s Hospital is looking for an Administrative Coordinator to help assist the research team working closely with the investigators. This is a great learning opportunity in research.This position will be Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, No Holidays! Located in Lawrenceville, PA!
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of administrative experience. This is a fast-paced work environment where you will be handling calendar management, booking and managing traveling itineraries, and coordinating the events. Please see additional responsibilities below.
- Plans conferences for department and department head
- Under general direction coordinates the workflow of employee(s) and provides administrative support of a complex and technical nature to single or multiple department or division (i.e., organizes, plans, and prioritizes work of others, develops, and builds teams to accomplish project assignments)
- Performs all responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant Sr.
- Provides input to presentations and other department/supervisor work (i.e., supervisor provides general thought and will draft more material based on initial ideas)
- Reviews administrative procedures and operating practices and makes recommendations to increase efficiency.
- Assists in recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating the performance of employees
- Analyzes complex information requests and determines complex trends
- Develops reports for executive or department
- Develops and sends correspondence on behalf of department and department head (i.e., draft and send meeting minutes, draft and send meeting events)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5 years of experience in an increasingly responsible administrative support role required
- Ability to perform advanced functions in word processing, electronic mail/calendar, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software
- Ability to use applicable MS Suite products
- Advanced knowledge of business processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial principles and functions
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusion that is charged with executing leading-edge and next-generation diversity strategies to advance the organization’s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resource Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Differences) Network, which support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Current UPMC employees must apply in
Expected salary: $18.78 – 31.22 per hour
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 01:48:39 GMT