San Diego Unified School District
Job title: Asphalt Machine Operator
#Asphalt #Machine #Operator
Company: San Diego Unified School District
Job description: Description
This opportunity is open to all who are interested.
The Asphalt Machine Worker works with and directs a crew of workers in asphalt construction and maintenance work on district grounds.
There is currently (1) one, full time, 12-month/year position available.
OSS Salary Grade: 042
To view the OSS Salary Schedule, .
Examples of Duties
To view the detailed job description for Asphalt Machine Worker, .
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training, experience, and/or education equivalent to two years of recent experience as an operator or crew member engaged in the spreading and rolling of hot-mix asphalt.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license with a Class A rating.
To be eligible for consideration, interested candidates must submit the following documents by the application deadline.
Online employment application
- Please complete the online application to include all current and previous work history and education.
- The length of time you worked in each position or assignment must be clearly shown. (Please double check all beginning and ending dates.)
- Substitute Experience
- Please note that general or occasional Substitute Experience is not included when determining if a candidate has met the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Individuals working in related, specific, LONG-TERM substitute assignments of substantial hours per week must specify each separate long-term assignment in the work history section of the application in order for this experience to POSSIBLY count towards meeting the minimum qualifications.
- This information must include an approximate start date, end date (where applicable), specific site, job title, hours per week, and job duties performed for each long-term assignment.
- Internship or Volunteer Experience
- Unpaid work experience may be included but DOES NOT satisfy the minimum experience required to qualify for a position.
- Answer all supplemental questions
- The supplemental questions should be answered thoroughly, clearly, and concisely as the responses provided (along with the entire application package) will be reviewed to determine which candidates will move forward in the recruitment process.
- Any work experience referenced in the supplemental questions must be included in the work history section of the application to be counted towards meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Providing incomplete responses or answering “See Resume” or “See Application” may automatically disqualify your application from further consideration.
- Proof of education
- To receive education credit, you must provide a photocopy of your OFFICIAL transcript or Copy of Degree.
- A resume may be attached but DOES NOT substitute for completing the education section, work history, or answers to supplemental questions of the employment application.
- Additional documents
- Additional documents, if any, should be attached to the online employment application at the time of submission.
The examination process will consist of an application screening based on the candidate’s education, work history and responses to the supplemental questions. Candidates who pass the application screening may be invited to a written exam. The San Diego Unified School District communicates information regarding the hiring process via email or phone. Please be aware that the District is not responsible for email messages blocked by your email service. In an effort to allow our emails through your personal spam filter, you can add the [email protected] and [email protected] to your safe sender’s list.
The San Diego Unified School District provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, immigration status, association with a group with one or more actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. The Title IX Coordinator’s contact information is , 619.725.8000 or by mail, 4100 Normal Street, San Diego, CA 92103. It is the policy of San Diego Unified School District to maintain a drug-free workplace. If needed, individuals protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may request accommodation.
Expected salary: $26.48 – 32.19 per hour
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 00:10:17 GMT