Job ID 122763
#Behavioral #Health #Advocate #Telecommute
Behavioral Health Advocate – Telecommute
$54400 – 97000 per year
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
The goal of the Behavioral Health Care Advocate (BHA) role is to help individuals live their lives to the fullest by promoting recovery and resiliency via coordination and collaboration with multiple internal and external partners including consumers and their families/caregivers, medical, behavioral health and clinical network teams. Behavioral Health Care Advocates work with complex and high-risk needs with a goal of engaging the consumer in the treatment process, decreasing their reliance on higher levels of care, helping them to access appropriate community services, and assisting them in improving community tenure.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize advanced clinical skills to engage and motivate Consumers via a recovery, health and wellness-oriented approach
- Assist consumers and their families/caregivers with connections to appropriate psychiatric, medical, and psychosocial referrals and services
- Discharge planning and case management of higher-risk transitioning members
- Identify and remove barriers to procurement, delivery, participation in and success of services
- Provide supportive follow-up, monitoring and education as indicated telephonically
- Partner with designated external providers, programs, entities to address the needs, gaps in care, and recovery goals of complex and high-risk consumers
- Identify and address the needs of members who are consistently high utilizers of services through case conferences and informal communications
- Participate in standing meetings to review performance, identify areas of opportunity, and oversee course for improvements
- Establish and foster positive relationships with medical team, participate in medical-behavioral integration activities and discussions
- Identify high-risk, co-morbid needs of consumers
- Accept referrals via designated processes, collaborate in evaluating available services, and coordinate necessary psychiatric and community referrals, as needed
- Contribute to treatment plan discussions; routinely attend clinical rounds and other meetings with medical partner or external entities, when applicable
- Partner with internal Optum Behavioral Health Services Teams to coordinate a seamless transition for consumers from an inpatient setting to community based services
- Meet all contractual requirements; collaborate early and frequently with other teams in the management of cases stratified as having intensive, complex, and high-risk needs
- Assist in the development of a relevant and consumer-specific aftercare plan
- Comply with all policies, procedures and documentation standards in appropriate systems, tracking mechanisms and databases
- Collaborate with providers to determine acuity of mental health concerns, barriers and progress; coordinate appropriate services
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Independently / Clinically Licensed Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2+ years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be independent / clinical, active and unrestricted for the State you reside
- 2+ years of experience in a related mental health setting
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Designated workspace and access to install secure high speed internet via cable/DSL in home
- Experience in an inpatient setting
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience in a community mental health setting
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience in a managed care environment
- Case management experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Sat, 11 Jun 2022 22:34:10 GMT