Job title: Business Operations Intern
#Business #Operations #Intern
Job description: Gridware is on a mission to create a future without deadly wildfires. We’re a startup building hardware and software that monitors the power grid to prevent and detect faults that lead to wildfire ignition. (More about Gridware below).
To make that happen, we’re currently looking for a Business Operations Intern to join our growing team. WHY do we need you?
Imagine in 50 years, you are speaking to a bunch of children (perhaps your grandchildren?) about the climate crisis. They specifically ask about the uncontrolled wildfires that used to threaten people’s lives and homes. “How did we solve that?” they are asking. Imagine being able to tell them that YOU were part of the company that helped solve this problem!
This opportunity in a nutshell:
Start Date = ASAP
The company = Mission-driven startup (social enterprise) that reduces wildfires and power outages
Salary = $20 / h
Duration = 2-3 months
Time commitment = 20-40h / week depending on availability (we’re flexible)
Location = Hybrid. We’d love for you to come into our Walnut Creek Office 2-3 times per week but other tasks you can complete remotely. (We are right next to the BART Station and we’ll reimburse you for your commute!) Responsibilities
This is what you’ll be involved in:
- Research & Communication
- E.g. Conduct in-depth research and write comprehensive informational texts about topics ranging from the Energy Market, Climate Technology to Social Entrepreneurship
- Sales, Financial Accounting, and Bookkeeping
- E.g. Assist with purchase orders and invoices
- Business Operations
- E.g. Helping with optimizing business or pipeline processes or identifying business partners
- Assist with other ad-hoc administrative tasks
To move forward in the application process you should have at least all of these:
- Strong research and written communication skills (both on an academic level and a practical level)
- You should be able to summarize scientific data but also, for example, help us identify potential companies that we could outsource different needs to
- Great Excel Skills
- You should have experience with Excel sheets and the most common functions and tricks
- Attention to detail
- You should be able to not only fill in sensitive data correctly but also take initiative to notice mistakes others might have made.
- Independence, proactivity and reliability
- You should be able to manage your own time, work and needs. This means being able to complete structured tasks mostly independently, asking for help when you need it, and looking out for and speaking up about things that might have been forgotten or unnoticed. In short: we don’t want you to just “do what you’re told” but “think along” and take initiative on how tasks can be done better.
Most relevant to people pursuing or having completed degrees in:
Our approach to internships
We believe that internships should be of value for both the intern and the company. This means you won’t be given “meaningless tasks” that will just disappear somewhere in the end. The things you’ll do will have an impact and leave a legacy at Gridware (and the world!). At the same time, it’s important to us that you also grow a lot during your time with us. We’ll make it a point to learn about your passions and needs and will do our best to provide you an insight into areas you’re excited about and offer mentorship, training and coaching. Application
Although we do not require candidates to submit a cover letter, candidates who wish to have their application stand out are invited to write a cover letter outlining one or all of the following things in a bullet-point format:
- Where you have acquired the required skills
- Why you are interested in this role
We are a mission-driven team passionate about saving lives and creating a future without wildfires.
Save Lives Everyday, Everywhere
Prevent catastrophic failures by building a highly adaptable platform capable of answering any question about critical infrastructure.
What we do
We provide a full-stack (hardware + firmware + software) solution for real-time monitoring the power distribution grid in the US. Our low-cost hardware platforms are deployed to power poles, where they
- detect and predict faults that lead to wildfire ignition or outages
- expedite repairs during power outages
Gridware’s technology is designed to unlock essential values for other adjacent verticals. Our unique positioning allows us to solve some of the world’s most burning challenges – from helping policy makers make data-driven infrastructure decisions to helping farmers overcome micro-climate challenges. While others turn a blind eye to these aged and highly-regulated industries, we at Gridware believe it’s our duty to find win-for-all scenarios that lead to a prosperous future for coming generations.
Gridware is a privately-held company with funding from major investors such as
Gridware is an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Gridware is located in Walnut Creek, California.
Similar Job Titles: Business Intern, Management Intern, Accounting Intern, Administrative Assistant, Operations Intern,
Expected salary: $20 per hour
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Job date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 22:00:52 GMT