Job title: Buyer
Job description: Job Description
- Purchase equipment, materials and services through the review of approved material requirements and specifications.
Create competitive bid packages, evaluate proposals, and negotiate and execute contracts with suppliers.
Develop and maintain network of suppliers to ensure timely purchase and delivery of materials and services.
Responsibilities for this Position Include the Following:
Work with teams to develop business and commercial requirements, specifications, supply chain objectives, sourcing criteria, and market intelligence.
Prepare sourcing plans, conduct competitive bids, evaluate bids, and facilitate contract negotiations,
Develop, prepare, distribute, issue and maintain supplier lists, sourcing strategies, terms and conditions, bilateral agreements, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal evaluations and purchase recommendations for materials and services, including IT.
Purchase goods and services of medium to high value and risk.
Issue SAP releases using previously negotiated terms and conditions.
Establish new Master Outline Agreements with moderately complex Statements of Work..
Develop, prepare, distribute, issue and maintain supplier lists, sourcing strategies, terms and conditions, bilateral agreements, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal evaluations criteria, supplier proposals and purchase/service orders recommendations for materials and services, including IT.
Meet key performance metrics such as time to market, time to order, and cost savings.
Develop process driven practices and improvements ensuring evaluation of entire process from acquisition to disposal.
Mentor associate and mid-level buyers.
Requirements for this Position Include the Following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Institute of Supply Management (ISM) certification considered towards education requirement.
- A minimum of five years of supply chain experience, or four years supply chain if with Company.
- Extensive knowledge of contract law and the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Ability to lead group problem solving sessions with internal customers and suppliers, prioritize work assignments, and communicate with stakeholders.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including Microsoft Office (word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentation applications).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SAP, and experience with using e-Procurement applications.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supportsand encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship,or disability.
Expected salary: $18.04 – 20.65 per hour
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 01:00:56 GMT