State of Utah
Job title: Choose to Work Employment Specialist – South Jordan
#Choose #Work #Employment #Specialist #South #Jordan
Company: State of Utah
Job description: Job Description
The Utah State Office of Rehabilitation (USOR) is seeking a motivated and skilled individual to fill a Choose to Work Employment Specialist position for the South Valley District in South Jordan, UT.
Regular travel outside of the office will be required to meet with clients, employers and attend meetings. This may include overnight in-state travel.
Principle Duties The Choose to Work Employment Specialist will perform the following tasks:
- Manages, coordinates and performs vocational rehabilitation job development and job placement services.
- Develops individualized plans for obtaining employment.
- Assists with job readiness skills i.e. resume writing, master application, interview skills and job search techniques.
- Identifies employment opportunities and business contacts.
- Assists with securing interviews for clients based on the client’s goal.
- Assists in follow up to employers.
- Collects and enters data into the case management system; including client progress notes and employer contacts.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other state agencies, community partners and business partners.
- Assists in conducting job fairs, employer workshops and other events related to employment services; these activities may include business tours, mentoring events, and coordination activities and events with business partners.
Preference points may be given for the following:
- Associates degree or higher in a related field of study.
- Experience assisting people with disabilities to achieve their employment goals.
- Willing to learn new processes and pathways.
The model applicant for this position is someone who:
- Provides support to vocational rehabilitation counselors by assessing and evaluating eligible clients’ needs for employment.
- Provides job preparation guidance, development and placement activities.
- Assists with outreach, engagement and education of businesses to support the employment of individuals with disabilities.
Why You Should Join Our Team
This is an opportunity to make a difference. Along with the satisfaction of helping individuals with disabilities you will receive great health and retirement benefits. to view a summary of the benefits we offer. We also provide generous paid time off so you can spend more time with your family and have a positive work life balance.
The mission of Workforce Services is to strengthen Utah’s communities by connecting the workforce to new opportunities and providing services to individuals and families in need. Today, more than 2,200 Workforce Services employees assist individuals in preparing for and finding jobs, meeting workforce needs of Utah businesses, administering temporary assistance, and providing economic data and analysis. Through a collaborative approach, the department has served millions of Utahns and has become a leader on several statewide initiatives. These include intergenerational poverty, homelessness, affordable housing, supporting refugees, helping rural communities, serving veterans and individuals with disabilities, and getting Utahns trained and back to work. To learn more about Workforce Services, click here.
DHRM rules regarding promotions and transfers apply to current state of Utah employees.
The State of Utah offers eligible employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a comprehensive leave program. Please click the following link for a detailed information page: . To access a Total Compensation Calculator in Excel format click .
FMLA General Notice:
(right click + open link in new tab)
(clic derecho + abrir en una pestaña nueva?)
Expected salary: $18.81 per hour
Location: South Jordan, UT
Job date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 01:57:26 GMT