San Marcos CISD
Job title: Classroom Teacher
Company: San Marcos CISD
Job description: WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Principal
COMPENSATION PLAN: Teacher Salary Schedule
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate, with required endorsements for subject/level assigned
ESL Certification required within six months of employment.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Use strategies and activities which result in:
(1) increased student performance in content area and on standardized assessments specific to the subject taught
(2) increased student success in meeting campus performance objectives addressing each of the Academic Excellence Indicators
2. Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
3. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodation for individual student differences.
4. Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
5. Plan and use appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned.
6. Communicate and promote expectations for high level performance from students and recognize excellence in achievement.
7. Develop instructional activities, which incorporate appropriate student learning styles to meet student needs.
8. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans.
9. Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
10. Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for instructional assistants, and/or volunteers.
11. Use technologies in the teaching/learning process as available and appropriate.
12. Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
13. Consistently assess student achievement through formal and informal testing.
14. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned.
15. Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
16. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
17. Manage student behavior and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations, and the IEP.
18. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
19. Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials as requested.
20. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents.
21. Maintain a professional relationship with all colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
22. Use acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
23. Participate in campus and district staff development program.
24. Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
25. Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
26. Keeps informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
27. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
28. Follow district and campus policy in assignment of meaningful homework, which supports curriculum goals and objectives.
29. Follow district and/or campus grading policy in the assignment of grades.
30. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
31. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Supervise assigned instructional assistants, aides, and/or classroom volunteers. Assist in the supervision of assigned student teachers.
Ability to communicate (verbal and written); ability to instruct; ability to interpret policy and procedures; ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Work inside and outside; prolonged standing and walking; lifting and carrying; in- district travel as assigned and occasional out-of-district travel.
Job Title : Classroom Teacher
Primary Location : Hernandez Elementary
Salary Range : $52,000.00 / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Expected salary: $52000 per year
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 05:19:51 GMT