Job ID 7597
€1700 per month
About Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer. We anticipate and manage risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions is the commercial insurance arm of the Swiss Re Group. We offer innovative insurance solutions to large and midsized multinational corporations from our approximately 50 locations worldwide. We help clients mitigate their risk exposure, whilst our industry-leading claims service provides them with additional peace of mind.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions embraces a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
About the role
The Corporate Solutions Cost Management Team is looking for a highly motivated person who is interested in becoming part of a global team with the mission of leading the business unit’s efforts on managing its operating expense targets through effective planning, forecasting, and reporting. We strive to be viewed as the port-of-call for all operating expense related topics impacting our business unit.
The position will enable the holder to gain an in-depth knowledge of our operating expense base and how it’s managed and planned strategically to support desired growth in a profitable manner.
This position offers a unique opportunity to interact with senior management enabling the position holder to be viewed as a value-added business partner, seeking out on a continual basis, opportunities to enhance transparency on cost related topics across a variety of different management reporting views.
This position will support the Head Cost Management, Regional Cost Partners, and Indirect Cost Manager in all matters that relate to Corporate Solutions operating expenses, including the following main responsibilities:
– Support in the preparation and distribution of expense reporting packages covering the full scope of US GAAP operating expense results providing insights into cost development across all expense categories
– Assist the Regional Cost Partner in developing and submitting an operating expense plan that is within the annual target established
– File quarterly forecasts reflecting latest views on anticipated spend for the year
– Track approved adjustments to budgets during the year by processing budget shifts
– Monitoring new hire and leaver activity within the business unit and the related impact on operating expenses
– Support all ad-hoc requests related to operating expenses
– Support in Service Cost Accounting expense activities, including the provision of insights into cost development across all service types
– Support in ISAs maintenance and related requirements
– Assist in maintaining and enhancing the Corporate Solutions Service catalogue
– Timely submission of all required Service Cost Accounting allocation keys
– Utilizing the appropriate technical reference data and pre-agreed methodologies in order to insure an equitable distribution of operating expenses to benefitting profit centers
– Conducting annual service beneficiary reviews and maintaining the documentation behind agreed drivers necessary to facilitate driver audits
– Quarterly review and challenge of inbound allocations received from service providing units across the Swiss Re Group
Key to success requires excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi task. You have a strong sense for priorities and how to manage your time effectively. You can work independently with minimal guidance.
Skills & experience
Key skills and knowledge:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to deliver quality output on short deadlines and manage details without losing site of the “big picture”
- Agile and flexible, ability to operate within a changing environment
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and prioritize appropriately
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written)
- Stress resilient, with the ability to work independent
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrate personal accountability for area of responsibility
Professional Experience and Education
- University graduate with a primary or higher degree (or equivalent), preferably in finance/accounting/economics
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience (Cost Controlling / Cost Management / Financial Analysis)
The minimum gross monthly base salary for this role is 1700 EUR full time.
Our final offer to you will be set up fairly, considering the skills and experience that you bring to the Swiss Re Group.
You can look forward to extra rewards and benefits including an attractive performance-based bonus.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Our aim is to live visible and invisible diversity – diversity of age, race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, physical abilities, personalities and experiences – at all levels and in all functions and regions. We also collaborate in a flexible working environment, providing you with a compelling degree of autonomy to decide how, when and where to carry out your tasks.
Reference Code: 110141
Bratislava, Bratislavský kraj
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:18:49 GMT