Job title: Data Engineer
Company: MedPro Group
Job description: Meet MedPro Group. We’re an industry-leading Berkshire Hathaway insurance company with a passion for our clients and our team. We are hundreds of professionals with varied backgrounds and experience levels who came together to achieve one goal: protecting those who have made it their mission to serve and care for others. Never considered the insurance industry before? We think you should.
We are seeking experienced members to join the MedPro Group who are passionate about using data to solve business problems. As part of a newly developed Data Engineering team, you will work to design and build out the AWS data pipeline to fuel the company along its digital journey. In this role, you will utilize a vast amount of data to help develop a deep understanding of underwriting risk and volatility of medical malpractice claims, and build common analytic platforms across our diverse businesses. You will also serve as the expert for building the infrastructure for data engineering project rollouts. This position reports to the Data Engineering Leader and is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a quickly growing team with high visibility.
What We Look For
- This is a new department with a fast growing team. We are looking for self-starters interested in growing with the department with a strong desire to see projects from beginning to end. Expect a startup-style environment with close collaboration between Data Engineering teammates and the business.
- We have a large number of potential projects in pricing/underwriting, claims, digital marketing, security, and R&D. As a result, we find that driven and genuinely curious people thrive here (not what but why). Expect to be involved with multiple projects, with timelines from days to months. We desire candidates who can accomplish tasks without extensive direction.
- Our colleagues have diverse backgrounds; as such, candidates must be comfortable in an environment of whiteboard sessions to bounce ideas around on experiment design and approach, among both on-site and remote teammates. Plan on working closely on a diverse number of Data Engineering initiatives, transforming the company direction.
What Skills You Need
- Design and Business Requirements:
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from disparate datasets for data profiling and data analysis. We are an AWS/Python shop, so be comfortable manipulating data in Python.
- Ability to assemble large, complex data sets and collect functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Exposure to data warehousing solutions and associated pipelines for internal/external sources, including ETL tools.
- Knowledge of ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets with RDBMS and distributed technologies (e.g. Spark, Hive, or Pig).
- Experience utilizing AWS services and technologies to architect, build and monitor solutions (e.g. Glue, Lambda, SageMaker, Elasticsearch, DataSync).
- Data Munging:
- Experience with data munging and query authoring in SQL and NoSQL environments for both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Model Testing and Analytics:
- Build processes validating data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Ability to script and program to mine data, automate tasks, etc. (Python, bash, sh).
- Exposure to visualization experience in dashboards (Tableau) and web apps (R Shiny) is preferred but not required.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field. A history of continued learning is preferred
- 0 to 5 years of technical experience with the above qualifications, (including prior internship experience).
- You have been exposed to working through the complete lifecycle (from idea to execution) for machine learning projects in Python or R.
- Knowledge in machine learning using TensorFlow, Keras, NLP (Natural Language Processing) for classification models.
MedPro Group’s mission is built on a century-old legacy of protecting those who protect others. From our roots in our hometown of Fort Wayne, Indiana, we’ve worked diligently to become the nation’s premier healthcare liability coverage provider, currently insuring more than 300,000 customers. With that growth, we’ve built a significant presence in all 50 states. Our team works across the country to provide the best strategies to mitigate risk and preserve the reputations of those who have entrusted their good name to us. That passion – built on a foundation of a culture that values uncompromised integrity, obsessive client focus, great teamwork, and a long-term mindset – make MedPro a preferred employer that many call their career home.
General: MedPro Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The annual gross base salary range is $70,000 to $130,000. This range anticipates the low and high end of the salary for this position. Actual salaries will vary and are based on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills and competencies. Salary is one component of MedPro’s total compensation and benefits package, which includes medical, vision and dental insurance options, life and accident insurance, 401(k), and short-term and long-term disability insurance. For a more detailed overview, visit our careers website at www.medpro.com/careers.
Expected salary: $70000 – 130000 per year
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 01:13:09 GMT