Job ID 122932
#Developer #Relations #Engineer #Tooling #Fuchsia
Developer Relations Engineer, Tooling Fuchsia
$130000 – 139000 per year
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- 5 years of experience as a software engineer, architect, technology advocate, technology officer, or consultant working with web or mobile technologies.
- Experience building, compiling, and working with engineering tools on operating systems.
- Experience with Android platform and ecosystem, and C++ or Rust coding languages.
- Experience presenting in a public forum.
- Experience as a committer in an open source project.
- Experience with operating systems and systems-level programming.
- Passion for building tools and developing productivity.
About the job
Passionate people are everywhere at Google. In Developer Relations, we are excited to collaborate and connect with the communities that love technology as much as we do. Part community manager and part developer advocate, Developer Programs Engineers collaborate with developers at conferences and online, and advocate for developers interests internally at Google. You write sample code and client libraries as well as participate in developer forums and support queues to troubleshoot and debug coding problems developers encounter. Internally, you work with product engineering teams to improve our products by conveying feedback from developers, reviewing API designs, and testing new features. Chrome, Android, App Engine, HTML5, and our core Google Workspace and Ads APIs are just some of the platforms you promote and support.
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $130,000 – $139,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Write SDK integrations, tools, sample code, and client libraries as part of the Fuchsia ecosystem.
- Engage with developers learning key concepts of the Fuchsia operating system.
- Manage and participate in developer discussion forums to identify and coordinate resolution across multiple teams.
- Drive adoption of Fuchsia by writing technical articles, making presentations, and working with the product lifecycle, from onboarding engineers to shipping the product.
- Help product engineering teams improve products by conveying feedback, reviewing API designs, and testing new features.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Mountain View, CA
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:28:44 GMT