City of San Antonio
Job title: Domestic Violence Case Management Program Supervisor (Sr. Management Coordinator)
#Domestic #Violence #Case #Management #Program #Supervisor #Management #Coordinator
Company: City of San Antonio
Job description: Job Summary
Under general direction, the Domestic Violence Case Management Program Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and direction of the Metro Health Domestic Violence Case Management program. This position reports to the Domestic Violence Program Manager and oversees the Domestic Violence Case Manager Supervisors. Case managers provide case management, advocacy, and crisis intervention to families experiencing domestic violence. Case Managers provide support to families in crisis, conducts assessments, educate on the legal process, make appropriate referrals, educate clients on victims’ rights and the dynamics of domestic violence. Case managers will be providing supportive services and referrals to support safety of the family and autonomy of the victim. Case managers will be working in an office setting, responding on the scene, have on-call shifts, and be mobile throughout the city when necessary. Domestic Violence Case Management Program Supervisor will be expected to manage a 24/7 hotline, be on-call, and provide supportive supervision to staff who are on-call. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment. May exercise supervision over assigned staff.
The San Antonio Metro Health District (SAMHD) provides public health services to clients, which may include risk for exposure to and possible transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases. Employees in high-risk positions will be required to obtain relevant immunizations, per . Review and consideration will be given to requests for exemption from this policy.
The San Antonio Metro Health District (SAMHD)is committed to advancing health equity throughout the community and to creating a work environment in which all staff feel valued, respected, and accepted. Per , all employees are expected to apply a health equity lens to programs, services, and decision making that directly impact the communities we serve.
4335 W. Piedras, Suite 200 (78228)
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday; weekends and holidays for 24/7 hotline
Essential Job Functions
- Leadership abilities, to include the ability to give direction to assigned staff, and work cooperatively with all staff.
- Collaborates with local agencies to ensure victim’s rights and victim’s safety.
- Acts as liaison between local agencies concerned with the functions and operations of the program.
- Undertakes special project efforts assigned by the Management Team.
- Performs efficiency improvement analysis on certain City functions and
services. * Performs specialized analysis, including cost of service and performance evaluation, and makes recommendations for solutions to problems.
- Assists departments in compiling, organizing and presenting proposals to Management Team and City Council.
- Coordinates projects and activities between various divisions, City departments, public agencies and/or private sector representatives.
- Seeks and evaluates information from a variety of sources; provides specialized reports as requested by management.
- Oversees coordination between divisions/departments throughout duration of projects.
- Prepares and delivers presentations.
- Coordinates and prepares reports and correspondence in response to requests for information from City Manager’s Office and Mayor & Council Offices; may also prepare City Council agenda material such as ordinances, council memos, etc.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in municipal government, business, or a related field.
- Applicants for this position must pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) fingerprint-based background check and maintain CJIS eligibility. Due to CJIS requirements related to system access, the following will result in being disqualified for this position: Felony Convictions, Felony Deferred Adjudication, Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication, Class B Misdemeanor Convictions, an Open Arrest for Any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor), and Family Violence
Convictions. Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or relevant field or relevant life, work, or volunteer experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Social Work, Psychology, Public Health, or a related field.
- Six years of direct client work (preference given to experience in residential, crisis, homeless, or domestic violence shelter program.
- Five years of experience in management, analysis, or policy development in domestic violence.
- Direct experience working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual violence.
- Experience providing services and case management with people in crisis.
- Demonstrated commitment to engaging and servicing people who have been victimized by family violence, sexual violence, or abuse.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and respectful engagement with communities.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with diverse community partners, including law enforcement and community agencies.
- Familiar with community service programs and case management techniques.
- Experience operating a 24/7 hotline strongly preferred.
- Experience and skilled in data entry/collection using an online database to track program outputs/outcomes and use computer software including word processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, or homeless programs.
- Experience working in a high-stress, fast-paced environment while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor.
- Experience managing a large, diverse staff providing services to victims in crisis
- Experience establishing rapport, trust and boundaries with clients.
- Experience in working with varied ethnic groups and demonstrated cultural competence.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License OR valid driver’s license from another state with the ability to obtain a valid Texas Driver’s License within 30 days of becoming a Texas resident. Use of your own personal vehicle may at times be required and proof of Liability Insurance will be required.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management, principles, and methods.
- Knowledge of administrative principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of public sector financial, accounting, and budgetary techniques, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of report development and presentation practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of public administration practices and local government issues.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office equipment.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise administrative and financial reports.
- Ability to interpret and apply Federal, State, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, and the general public.
The City of San Antonio (CoSA) strives to provide a competitive compensation and benefit package to attract and retain a highly skilled workforce. To accomplish this, CoSA offers subsidized health care benefits for active and retired employees, paid disability benefits, paid life insurance, as well as automatic participation in a pension program which is currently matched two to one.
For more detailed information, please click on the following link to view Benefits offered by the City of San Antonio:
- Part-Time, Temporary, and non-City positions are not eligible for CoSA Benefits.
- Holiday and Leave benefits for Pre-K 4 SA positions may be different than what is listed at the above link.
The City Of San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer. This means that the City does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex (gender), age, disability, national origin, genetic information, or sexual orientation. All individuals are encouraged to apply and compete for jobs with the City of San Antonio.
If you require assistance at any stage of the application process due to a disability, please contact the so that accommodations may be made to meet your needs. Our telephone number is 210-207-8705 and our fax number is 210-207-2285.
Expected salary: $60269.04 – 90403.04 per year
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 07:41:55 GMT