Job ID 123082
$83800 – 139600 per year
LMCareers Business Unit
7HD0A00:Spacecraft Class A/B IET
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Come join Lockheed Martin’s Special Programs Remote Sensing (RS) Engineering Team. This diverse team has been a primary provider of national Remote Sensing capabilities for over 50+ years. As part of our team you will get to build products that elevate the mission and be are a trusted partner for critical national capabilities. One Day the world may hear the full story of your achievements. They may discover the critical role you’ve played to defeat the enemies of freedom. As we enjoy the freedoms of democracy, we honor the unsung heroes, the women and men working quietly to keep the light of liberty shining. Come see what SP-RS is all about.
As a Dynamics Analyst, your responsibilities will include:
– Perform structural dynamic analyses for spacecraft flight hardware.
– Produce and maintain models generated from both in-house and commercially available software codes, that simulate mechanical loading conditions, dynamic environments (shock and vibration), and mechanism motions.
– Perform loads development (primary structure and component level), shock and vibration environments determination and component and system level testing and data evaluation.
– Document analysis in formal reports that are clear, adequately detailed, and timely.
– Define and integrate Dynamics requirements into the system baseline.
– Prepare test plans/requirements for: static, separation dynamics, vibration, modal and shock tests. Analyze and document the results in post-test reports.
– Present analysis and test results at program reviews such as Technical Interchange Meetings, Engineering Review Boards, Test Readiness Reviews, and Design Reviews.
– Provide rapid analysis results to support trade studies and rapid prototype development
– Mentor junior engineers and cross train other engineering fields.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
– Paid time off
– Work/life balance
– Career development
– Mentorship opportunities
– Rewards & recognition
- Advanced knowledge and/or experience with static and structural dynamics analysis
- Experience with finite element modeling using NX or equivalent
- Proficient in programming and use of MATLAB (or equivalent) for analysis and data manipulation
- Active TS/SCI clearance; US citizenship is required
- A Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/Structural Mechanics program or equivalent from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
- Advanced understanding of missile and/or spacecraft structures, statics, strength of materials, structural dynamics principles, and methods.
- Experience evaluating designs using rigid body or flexible body analysis methods and tools
- Experience with Nastran, Abaqus, ADAMS, LS-Dyna, Matlab, Mathcad and/or CREO
- Proficiency with modern substructure modeling and assembly technology and component mode synthesis methods such as Craig-Bampton substructuring.
- Proficiency with composite and metallic structures and associated structural analysis.
- Experience in the planning and execution of static, vibration, acoustic, modal, and shock tests for aerospace flight hardware
- Creativity/innovation to tackle issues related to anomalous performance of any aspect of a mechanical system.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with adjacent disciplines (e.g. systems engineering, aerodynamics/stress analysis, design, test) in a highly integrated team environment
- Ability and desire to assume ownership of tasks and drive to closure quickly and efficiently
- Active TS/SCI with Poly
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Other Important Information
By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to work remotely
Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedule Information
Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Security Clearance Information
This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
9×80 every other Friday off
Select the Telework classification for this position
Employee will work on-site full-time
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:20:45 GMT