State of Wyoming
Job title: ENEG08-2022-04027-Engineer I-Kemmerer
Company: State of Wyoming
Job description: Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is an agency committed to providing a safe, high quality, and efficient transportation system for the State of Wyoming. WYDOT now seeks a full-time Engineer located in Kemmerer, Wyoming.
As an Engineer in Construction, this position is responsible for, but not limited to, performing tasks for highway projects from inception through design, construction, and contract completion, under the direction of the Resident Engineer.
Human Resource Contact: 307-352-3048
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Performs field inspections, surveys, laboratory testing, material analysis, and quality control.
- Develops engineering models, conducts studies, makes cost estimates.
- Submits reports, summaries, and other required documentation.
- Reviews and evaluates the work of assigned engineering technicians.
- Performs inspections and testing to assure the contractor is constructing the project in accordance with plans, specifications, etc.
- Provides the contractor with the necessary information to construct a project (showing a project, and interpreting plans).
- Calculates and documents quantities for payment to the contractor.
- Examines and verifies numeric data and specifications on source documents by recalculating computations, using geometry or trigonometry.
- Resolves geometric and trigonometric problems encountered during the process of making detailed engineering drawings.
- Reviews construction plans and verifies that these are in accordance with designated specifications and other requirements.
- Conducts field engineering surveys, including reading a level and operating a total station, GPS, and making decisions to solve problems that may occur.
- Checks and verifies the accuracy of detailed drawings in projects and makes corrections in drawings if necessary.
- Design preliminary work, calculating land areas, earth forms, circular curves, material quantities, and other qualitative measurements using geometric and trigonometric computations.
- Trains other personnel in the field of engineering and surveying, and train personnel on proper techniques for documentation of fieldwork.
- Coordinates with the contractor and other agencies and the public when they are impacted by a project.
Preference may be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Engineering.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, concepts, and practices of engineering
- Knowledge of computers, calculators and survey equipment, and testing equipment constantly
- Knowledge of contemporary practices in road construction contracting
- Knowledge of analyze a situation and based on education, experience, policies, and specifications, develop a solution and then implement the solution
- Knowledge of Microstation and Geopak
- Knowledge of word processors, spreadsheets and other computer programs
- Ability to interpret plans and specifications based on sound engineering principals
- Skills in engineering calculation and accounting procedures
- Skills in interpersonal relations and communications
- Skills in oral and written communication
- Skills in decision-making and direction of work activities
- Skills in making engineering calculations and highway construction planning and design
Bachelor’s Degree (in Engineering)
0-2 years of progressive work experience (in Engineering)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Some agencies may require a certificate of registration from the Board of Engineering.
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Potentially exposed to hazardous waste.
- Working around high-speed traffic and heavy construction equipment.
- Work outdoors in a variety of inclement weather conditions to include heat, cold snow, and rain.
- Physical Ability: Bending, stooping and lifting up to fifty (50) pounds; safely lift and move necessary materials from one point to another; ability to stand for long periods of time.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- The Wyoming Department of Transportation is a Drug-Free Workplace.
- E-Verify: WYDOT uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about
, including your rights and responsibilities.
045-Department of Transportation – WYDOT-Chief Engineer – District Construction
Click to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Expected salary: $3988.4 – 4586.4 per month
Location: Kemmerer, WY
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 07:14:46 GMT