Job title: Entertainer for Mad Science Stage Shows
#Entertainer #Mad #Science #Stage #Shows
Job description: Job Summary
Could you be the next Bill Nye?!
Mad Science is currently looking for high-energy event science show performers who love working with groups of elementary age kids. This is a great part time job if you enjoy performing in front of groups of people and working with kids! Event performer programs can be for small groups of children or large stage shows, and take place at schools, community centers, daycares, scout meetings, large events, Summer camps and libraries.
Candidates must have experience working with groups of elementary school age kids, a fun outgoing personality, a dependable car, and enjoy performing. After completing the paid training sessions, Performers earn: $50.00 per 1 hour program (about two hours on site) plus mileage reimbusement.
Schedule: Mostly weekdays, occasional weekend dates available
Education: 1 year college preferred
Experience: Working with children: 1 year (Required), some performance or theater background, experience doing fun science demonstrations or other similar shows of this type a plus.
License/Certification: Driver’s License and access to your own vehicle (Required.) Most sites require COVID-19 vaccination and boosters when eligible. Background check required
Work Location: Multiple Locations throughout Northern CT and Western/Central MA.
If it looks like your experience and interests are a good match, we will contact you to schedule a first Zoom interview.
You can find more about us and working for us at madsciencewne.com
There are also additional opportunities to work for us as a birthday party performer and/or Summer or after school program instructor.
As a Summer or After School Mad Scientist you will lead students through an inquiry-based discovery method involving instructor demonstrations, hands-on activities and amazing take-home projects that will illustrate how science affects the world around us. Mad Science is the world’s leading provider of fun science programs for elementary-aged children.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals to join our growing team to conduct exciting science programs in the summer (mainly July and August) during weekday hours, and during the school year in the after-school hours. You do NOT need to be a certified teacher, nor do you need to be a science major.
- Facilitating three or six-hour daily summer science program using a pre-set curriculum.
- Stay on beyond the summer for after-school programs and events
- Each session is a high-energy, part entertainment, part education, hands-on class that meets for a week of half or full-days.
- Instructors are typically assigned half-days as lead instructor and sometimes additional half-days as assistant instructor.
- Enjoy teaching young children the art of science!
- Some experience working with groups of elementary age (4-12) children (such as enrichment instructor, volunteer or camp counselor).
- Must be available at least 5 weeks during the months of July and August, M-Fri 8-1PM for morning and/or 12:30-5PM for afternoon assignments and be willing to travel (paid) to multiple nearby locations.
- Ability to manage the behavior of groups of elementary-aged kids
- Must have a reliable car
- Must be able to lift totes of equipment weighing between 20-50 lbs.
- All employees will be subject to a criminal background checks(required)
- Some college experience preferred. Degrees and/or graduate degrees a plus.
- Must have a fun & outgoing personality
- For after-school programs, must be available to travel to multiple locations minimum 3 days a week before the school day ends. SORRY, CONCURRENT FULL TIME TEACHERS AND ACTIVE/ON-CALL SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS ARE UNABLE TO GET TO OUR CLASSES ON TIME!
We train you in the curriculum, and provide all materials. . Mad Science events happen year round and we also conduct after-school programs and events during the school year. This is part-time and rewarding work if it fits with your schedule and lifestyle.
Expected salary: $20 – 35 per hour
Location: Norwich, CT
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 06:49:16 GMT