City of San Antonio
Job title: Fiscal Analyst (Center City Development & Operations)
#Fiscal #Analyst #Center #City #Development #Operations
Company: City of San Antonio
Job description: Job Summary
Under general direction, is responsible for performing highly technical and complex analytical financial management work with emphasis on accounting, budgeting, and financial compliance. Exercises no supervision.
400 N. St. Mary’s Street
7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts financial analysis and forecasting of revenues and expenditures.
- Analyzes past and present financial operations, trends, and costs and estimates future revenues and expenditures for the preparation of budgets.
- Prepares financial status summary reports and grant close-out reports to the grantor agencies.
- Develops and maintains budgetary systems to provide control of expenditures and maintains an internal reporting system.
- Reviews bids and makes recommendations to management.
- Develops, implements, and administers accounting systems that provide detailed cost data for use by management.
- Assists in determining the requirements for financial compliance reviews.
- Reviews contracts, budgets, purchase orders, periodic cost summaries, invoices, and vouchers for compliance with statutory provisions; approves these for payments; and prepares statements to substantiate individual transactions for settlement.
- Assists in developing methods and strategies for dealing with audit findings.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
DEPARTMENT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS: (General variations in Job Functions
- Ensures the compliance with fiscal requirements associated with grant
and capital programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of budgeting and accounting experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Monthly Reporting experience.
- Ability to prepare financial statements, reports, and analysis.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of theories, principles, practices, and procedures of fiscal management, governmental accounting, and auditing.
- Knowledge of financial management pertaining to capital budgets, department services, and long-term bond analysis.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local provisions, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to the utilization of funds.
- Knowledge of budget development and monitoring procedures, practices, and techniques.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and other basic office equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management, and the general public.
- Ability to develop clear, concise, and detailed reports and financial statements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to develop charts, graphs, and spreadsheets utilizing personal computer programs.
- Ability to analyze complex statistical data.
- Ability to perform all the essential functions of the position, with or without accommodations.
- Ability to work primarily in an office environment.
The City of San Antonio (CoSA) strives to provide a competitive compensation and benefit package to attract and retain a highly skilled workforce. To accomplish this, CoSA offers subsidized health care benefits for active and retired employees, paid disability benefits, paid life insurance, as well as automatic participation in a pension program which is currently matched two to one.
For more detailed information, please click on the following link to view Benefits offered by the City of San Antonio:
- Part-Time, Temporary, and non-City positions are not eligible for CoSA Benefits.
- Holiday and Leave benefits for Pre-K 4 SA positions may be different than what is listed at the above link.
The City Of San Antonio is an Equal Opportunity/Reasonable Accommodation Employer. This means that the City does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex (gender), age, disability, national origin, genetic information, or sexual orientation. All individuals are encouraged to apply and compete for jobs with the City of San Antonio.
If you require assistance at any stage of the application process due to a disability, please contact the so that accommodations may be made to meet your needs. Our telephone number is 210-207-8705 and our fax number is 210-207-2285.
Expected salary: $54789.8 – 82185.22 per year
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 01:19:57 GMT