State of North Carolina
Job title: Floating/Charge Nurse – NC Dept of Public Safety (Eastern Region)
#FloatingCharge #Nurse #Dept #Public #Safety #Eastern #Region
Company: State of North Carolina
Job description: Description of Work
Now Offering New Sign On Bonus of $10,000!!
Welcome to the North Carolina Department of Public Safety (DPS), Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice, Section of Prisons Administration. The Department of Public Safety is the largest state agency with 26,000 employees. Our Agency is responsible for safeguarding and preserving the lives and property of its citizens through prevention, protection, and preparation.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, please consider the Charge Nurse opportunity with the North Carolina Department of Public Safety. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with , including health insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, as well as retirement.
This is an Anticipated Vacancy.
POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE EASTERN REGION. THE PRIMARY FACILTIES THIS POSITION IS ASSIGNED TO ARE LOCATED IN THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES IN NC: CARTERET, CRAVEN, GREENE, PAMLICO, WAYNE, AND JOHNSTON.
The Float Nurseprovides professional nursing in the care, treatment, observation, and counsel of offenders in accordance with standard nursing practice and theory, agency regulations, physicians’ orders, and instructions from higher level nursing staff.
- Position duties include clinical responsibilities, which covers the whole spectrum of assessment and intervention necessary to maintain maximum function and to promote well-being and are inclusive of, but not limited to, sick call/assessment, assisting the physician, carrying out orders, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care, responding to emergencies, facilitating mental and dental health care, preparing medication for administration and administering medications, monitoring for communicable diseases, updating physical examinations, teaching, delegating to or supervising other personnel in implementing the treatment regimen.
- Position may supervise subordinate staff. This is a floating position and will provide staffing coverage based on the need throughout facilities.
- The work schedule for this position will be based on need.
Note to Current State Employees: The Salary Grade for this position is MH16. State employees are encouraged to apply for positions of interest even if the salary grade is the same as, or lower than, their current position. If selected for this position, a new salary will be recalculated taking into consideration the quantity of relevant education and experience, funding availability, and internal equity. Based upon these factors, a pay increase/decrease MAY result.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities listed below, along with the Minimum Education and Experience requirements, are REQUIRED to qualify for this position. We will not review resumes in lieu of Experience and Education listed on the application. Click these links for additional information: and . (Note: These links were created for applicants of Dept. of Public Safety jobs and may not reflect the policies or procedures of other State agencies.)
To qualify for this position, applicants must document in the Description of Work section of their application that they possess ALL of the following were applicable:
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina and one year of experience.
- If possess a single state RN license from a state other than NC, must apply and receive at a minimum a “temporary license” to practice in NC prior to hire date.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of North Carolina and one year of nursing experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety (DPS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces an Employment First philosophy which consists of complying with all federal laws, state laws and Executive Orders. We are committed to reviewing requests for reasonable accommodation at any time during the hiring process or while on the job.
DPS uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Human Resources Act with the most qualified individuals. Hiring salary will be based on relevant qualifications, internal equity and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position.
It is critical to our screening and salary determination process that applications contain comprehensive information. Information should be provided in the appropriate areas to include the beginning and ending dates of jobs worked, education with the date graduated, all work experience, and certificates / licenses. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing this application. Answers to Supplemental Questions must refer to education or work experience listed on this application to receive credit. Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must attach a DD-214 Member-4 Form (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) to their applications.
- Applicants seeking National Guard Preference must attach a NGB 23A (RPAS) if they are a current member of the NC National Guard in good standing. If a former member of the NC National Guard who served for at least 6 years and was discharged under honorable conditions, they must attach either a DD256 or NGB 22.
- If applicants earned college credit hours but did not complete a degree program, they must attach an unofficial transcript to each application to receive credit for this education.
- If applying for a position certified through the NC Dept. of Justice – Criminal Justice Standards Division, click this link for specific certification requirements:
. * The NC Dept. of Public Safety must adhere to the US Dept. of Justice Final Rule on the “National Standards to Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape.” Click this link for information on hiring and promotion prohibition requirements for all positions in the NC Dept. of Public Safety:
. Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click “Application Status.” If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by management. If you are no longer under consideration, you will receive an email notification.
For technical issues with your application, please call the GovernmentJobs.com Applicant Support Help Line at 855-524-5627. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact:
For permanent appointments:
State of North Carolina employees have the opportunity to participate in a compelling array of benefits to enhance their quality of life, their health, and their future. Benefits include employee health insurance options, standard and supplemental retirement plans, NC Flex (a variety of high-quality, low cost benefits on a pre-tax basis), and paid vacation, sick, and community service leave, to name a few. Paid parental leave is available for eligible employees. Some benefits require 30 + hours work/week for participation. To find out about these, and other programs, please visit our Employee Benefits page:
For temporary, contract or other supplemental staffing appointments:
**There are no paid leave, retirement or other benefits associated with these appointment types.**
Expected salary: $56304 – 92902 per year
Location: Greenville, NC
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 06:02:16 GMT