Job title: Info Design Architect 1
#Info #Design #Architect
Job description: Job Description
The Information Design Architect creates solutions that provide quality information to enable informed analytic business decisions. The Information Design Architect understands business needs and requirements and translates them into solutions. He or she consults with business and technology teams to ensure alignment between solution definition and enterprise architecture for the Excellus organization. This position provides leadership, direction, and planning in support of the goals and objectives of the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) organization, with a primary focus on the design and implementation of analytic solutions in a complex enterprise environment. This includes analytic solution designs for Business Intelligence (BI), Data Warehouse (DW), Operational Data Store (ODS), and decision support Data Marts/Applications. These solutions and their related components are aligned with Enterprise Information & Data Strategy and Enterprise Architecture standards. The Information Design Architect works collaboratively with Data Integration Engineers, Data Administrators, Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, Data Architects, Business Intelligence Analysts, and others to assure all aspects of the solution are well-thought-out.
Essential Resource Responsibilities / Accountabilities: Level I
– Works with Business Sponsors and Stakeholders to ensure analytic and information requirements are clearly defined, documented and broadly communicated. At times, this may include assisting and/or contributing in the creation of a Business Requirement Documents (BRD)
– Identifies / designs required changes to data model within the analytic environment (EDW or other database) taking into account the analytic business needs, and the ability to develop, support and query against the data model. Normally documented in a Function Approach Document (FAD) and/or similar type of documents
– Identifies appropriate sources of data that meet the business requirements and confirms data is of appropriate quality, completeness, etc. Typically accomplished via data profiling and captured in a Source to Target (STT) mapping document
– Anticipates, identifies and analyzes problems, accepting nothing at face value, instead gaining knowledge through examination of the truth and validity of arguments, classifying the relative importance of ideas, and applying reason, logic and judgment to determine the merits of arguments; ability to develop solutions and decide on the most appropriate solution to achieve the desired outcome in a collaborative manner
– Conducts peers reviews of all Analytic Solution Design deliverables including BRD, FAD, and Source to Target mappings, and change requests
– Participates, as appropriate, in ETL Design reviews, testing approach / test case reviews- Responsible for final work product within assigned projects as related to data, data design, transformations and quality of results
– Conducts analysis of production fallout to determine if production code is working as designed and how data issues should be prioritized and corrected
– Participates in rotating on-call support schedule working with DW Operations team as level 2 support
– Meets with management, sponsors, and project teams to review project scope/progress and resolve project issues
– Identifies, designs and implements contingency approaches as needed to address schedule revisions, data/system availability, resource adjustments, funding allocations, and work requirements
– Adheres to corporate, divisional and departmental policies, standards and procedures
– Fosters an environment of continuous improvement, constantly exploring ways to increase efficiencies and productivity, reducing waste, and reducing costs
– Acts professionally at all times and encourages professional standards among team members
– Develops and maintains current, personal knowledge and skills on industry and professional trends and activities in Information Management, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. Shares learning and coaching experience through knowledge transfer between peers and outside contractors
Minimum Resource Qualifications: Level I
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field (or four additional years related work experience in lieu of bachelors)
– Eight years of strong technology implementation/related experience with at least three years in multiple full lifecycle BI/DW/ODS implementations required
– Demonstrated experience with Data Warehousing / Data Analytics
– Must have complete lifecycle experience in data warehousing with multiple projects- Demonstrated experience with conceptual or logical data modeling
– Demonstrated skills in implementing application and process solutions utilizing a structured SDLC
– Demonstrated skills in quality principles especially root cause analysis and problem solving
– Demonstrated business process development skills and strong technical problem solving skills
– Ability to interact favorably with internal and external audiences- Extensive knowledge of analytics concepts and technology
– In-depth knowledge of application delivery, management structures, and reporting procedures
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills – highly effective communicator with a strong customer satisfaction orientation
– Demonstrated experience in integrating enterprise applications
– Demonstrated analytical experience such as data analysis, data usage analysis, and/or business data analysis
– Ability to learn and apply intermediate to advanced SQL skills
– Demonstrated experience with ad-hoc analysis tools such as TOAD, SAS, Cognos, Access, and/or other type of analytic tool.
– Must have a strong understanding of what is involved in and how to deliver an end-to-end analytic solution.
– Experience with ETL tools such Informatica a plus.
– Experience working in an a Technology company strongly preferred.
– Experience working in an Teradata preferred.
– Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) a plus.
– Experience with HTML and HL7 a plus.
– Experience with Master Data Management a plus.
– Knowledge of Healthcare Payer industry a plus.
– Capable of successfully delivering on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.- Strong team player with a high level of interpersonal skills.
– Demonstrated competence in team leadership/technical leadership, facilitation, and project leadership tasks.
Physical Requirements: In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this resource requirements document lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Excellus Client Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, requires all suppliers of temporary staffing resources to affirm the rights of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, veteran status, military status, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity, predisposing genetic characteristic, genetic information, or any other status protected under the law
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability