Job ID 7556
#Internal #Control #Specialist
Internal Control Specialist
Main Purpose: Collaborate in the design and maintenance of the internal control framework for the Group and locally for the Shared Service Center;
Support continuous improvement of effective control environment and efficient processes flows for the Group and locally for the Shared Service Center.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Bachelor or Master degree level in Business economics, Audit, Accountancy or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years in internal audit or combination of external/internal audit, preferable with a strong component of business process re-engineering
- Ability to think “outside of the box” and identify improvement opportunities to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls
- Ability to work with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent writing, verbal and presentation skills in English
- Ability to act successfully in an international business and multicultural context
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with varying levels of the organization
- Independent, flexible team player with strong analytical and influencing skills and conceptual thinker
- Taking ownership and accountability and comfortable to work in a pressured environment.
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Oil/Metals/Commodity Trading/Financial Markets business experience
- IT audit experience
- SOX experience
- Internal Audit experience
- Knowledge of accounting guidance (Dutch GAAP and IFRS), accounting processes, financial instruments and derivatives
- CIA, CISA, CCSA, IIA, RA, RE or similar certifications
Internal control responsibilities
- Support in designing and maintaining of internal control framework
- Monitor continuous improvement of effective control environment and efficient processes flows for the Group and locally for the Shared Service Centre;
- Monitor and document operational and financial reporting processes, identification of process risks and mitigating controls;
- Conduct process walkthroughs, test of key controls and review of management reports.
- Conduct continuous monitoring audit reviews
- Document recommendations, prepare the audit reports for the senior management and the audit committee and monitor the implementation of remediation actions;
- Review the usage of the system and suggest improvements to ensure continuous improvement and further automation.
Offices and projects reviews
- Verify how local management manages local risks and general adherence to control best practices.
- Verify that projects that are investment intensive are properly structured in responsibilities, have proper monitoring of deliverables completion, maintain reliable and periodic reporting process, and are supported by trustworthy tools/systems.
- Verify that system implementations follow the planned schedule, deliver the expected benefits and are executed within budget.
- Ad-hoc reviews as required by the Internal Control plan.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
This job posting includes the candidates registered in the National Registry of Persons with Disabilities, who meet the conditions and suitability for the position described in accordance with the provisions of Law Number 19.691.
Wed, 23 Feb 2022 23:52:40 GMT