Job ID 123217
$14 – 18 per hour
WAGE LEVEL: Commensurate with experience $14-$18 per hour, employee of EDUStaff
The secretary will provide support to the elementary school principal and operations which requires a range of skills and knowledge of policies and procedures of the school district. S/he shall provide support to staff, parents, and students.
- Requires a high level of confidentiality, integrity and technical skills including word processing, spreadsheets, graphics and power point programs.
- Must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills required to maintain effective working relationships with administrators, teachers, support staff, community members, and other professionals.
- Works well with and has an understanding of children of a variety of ages.
- High school diploma plus three to five years of experience in secretarial field, preferably in a school setting.
- Must have extensive knowledge of district organization, policies and procedures.
- Must have general computer knowledge, including Word, Excel, Google and able to learn school-specific software as needed.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with a high level of integrity in an environment handling confidential/sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and work independently as well as schedule and produce work in a timely manner. Must be able to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
Primary office contact and supervision of student discipline problems in the absence of building principal. Record and track discipline in discipline software program. Maintain principal’s calendar.
- Enroll/exit students, maintain and update student records, communicate enrollment change to all staff members affected as quickly as possible and print student reports.
- Contact parents/guardians in the event of unreported child absence, injury or emergency and other situations as needed.
- Maintain daily attendance records.
- Prepare daily news bulletin for website and other social media.
- Schedule substitutes.
- Administer medication and handle injuries, illnesses and emergency situations. Log students in and calls parents. Maintain immunization records on students and updates as needed.
- Maintain key inventory.
- Maintain inventory of copier supplies and maintains copier for minor jams and service needs.
- Assist/coordinate annual projects/programs (i.e. open-house, year-end programs, fund raisers, school pictures, call chain, and Kindergarten Roundup).
- Correspondence and phone contact with a variety of audiences.
- Perform basic office tasks including typing, copying materials, opening and sorting mail, filing, proofing, phone skills, and letter writing.
- Assume responsibility for handling non-routine matters by interpreting established policies, providing information and making decisions within prescribed limits and brings potential problems to the attention of the supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned and is available to work overtime, as needed.
- Perform research, gather information, analyze data and prepare Michigan Department of Education reports, as necessary.
- Establish and maintain accurate records and files of all required data.
- Keep informed on educational trends, research findings, laws affecting education and district-sponsored activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, stand, and walk. Use fingers, hands and arms as required. The employee must frequently stoop, crouch or kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with time constraints.
The information in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently hold this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Wed, 22 Jun 2022 03:44:00 GMT