Frederick County Public Schools
Job title: Long-Term Substitute Teacher, School Support
#LongTerm #Substitute #Teacher #School #Support
Company: Frederick County Public Schools
Job description: Substitute/Substitute Teacher
- Date Posted:
Monocacy Middle School
- Date Available:
PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR VACANCIES OR PROMOTIONS DURING THEIR PROBATIONARY PERIOD
All education provided on your application must be supported by attaching a scanned copy of your high school diploma, transcription or college/university transcript.
Work Year Calendar and Hours
- Position available tentatively from 8/17/22-9/6/22
- Daily work hours:
For more information about employee benefits please go to:
- $22.34 per hour
Long Term Substitute Teachers are responsible for practices and behaviors which demonstrate necessary teaching competencies, effective classroom management, positive personal qualities, and other instructional matters. The role of the long-term substitute teacher is to ensure that all students have equal instructional opportunities and to create a classroom environment in which teaching and learning are challenging, dynamic, and comprehensive. The teaching of the essential curriculum of each teacher’s discipline is grounded in the understanding that the aim of education is personal growth, the development of individual talents, abilities, and values; the acquisition of knowledge; and the pursuit of understanding.
Reporting directly to the school principal, the long-term substitute teacher performs the following duties:
- Provide for instructional needs and interests of students with the aid of appropriate and effective daily lesson planning.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and where classroom time is utilized effectively.
- Demonstrate the use of a variety of teaching techniques and the use of a variety of instructional resources and materials to implement approved curriculum.
- Use evaluation effectively to promote student growth and development intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Demonstrate fair, firm, and consistent behavior towards students and promote self-discipline among students.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and positive interpersonal relations with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of school system goals and objectives by following school board policies and administrative procedures.
- Assist administration and other staff members in reaching the mission for the school by applying ethical standards in professional relationships.
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competencies.
- Supervise students in a variety of school settings.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Performs other duties as assigned by the school principal.
- An Associate’s degree or 60 college credits.
- Knowledge and use of culturally responsive practices.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Capability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to speak in an understandable voice with sufficient volume to be heard in normal conversation and on the telephone and in addressing groups.
- Ability to travel to school and other local locations, as well as state meetings, sometimes with little notice.
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
- Ability to spend long hours sitting.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to grasp, handle, manipulate, and/or feel objects and use office technology.
- Sufficient mobility to move about the work area.
- Sufficient vision to read and comprehend printed materials, see distant objects with clarity, and identify and distinguish objects.
- Sufficient hearing to hear and comprehend conversations in person and on the telephone, as well as distinguish sounds up to twenty (20) feet.
- Occasionally climb or balance.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift fifteen (15) pounds.
Moderate noise (examples: classroom/office environment with computers, printers, and telephones; regular conversations within classrooms/offices, cubicles, hallways, and conference rooms; meetings one-on-one, in small groups, and large settings, etc.).
- Possess a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Possess MSDE issued professional teacher certificate with the appropriate content endorsement.
- Bilingual (Spanish).
- Familiarity with the FCPS policies, goals and programs.
FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN WRITTEN TO INDICATE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION. IT IS NOT WRITTEN TO INCLUDE OR BE INTERPRETED TO INCLUDE A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE. NOTHING IN THIS DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT’S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OR ADD REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT ANY TIME.
Expected salary: $22.34 per hour
Location: Frederick County, MD
Job date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 05:47:43 GMT