Job ID 123218
$25 per hour
Title: Meeting/Events Planner
Pay Rate: $25/hr
Job Type: 6-month contract
Shift(s): Mon Fri, 8am 5pm
City: Palo Alto, CA 94305
Job Code: JPC-6557/1117014
This work location requires proof of full vaccination against the Covid-19 virus.
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated individual to work with our client, a world-class university and research center. As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits. Benefits include health, dental, and vision (eligible on the 1st of the month following your start date).
The Meeting Planner is responsible for providing event and meeting planning and registration services for our Conferences. The position will be assigned meetings and events for which the incumbent is responsible for providing all levels of planning and coordination on behalf of the program organizers, including budget development, contracts, site selection, logistics planning and coordination, marketing and collateral development, on-site management, post-event follow-up, and billing. The general purpose of this job is to represent the conference client and provide all necessary and required planning and coordination of services required for the client’s event. The Meeting Planner reports to the Associate Director of Conferences & Account Management and partners with key positions at all levels, internal and external to R&DE, in order to strategically align with the mission and vision of our Conferences & R&DE.
Essential Job Functions
- Event Planning (50%), Client Services (25%), Finance (10%), Marketing & Sales (10%), Leadership (5%)
- Plans, implements and coordinates all aspects related to event planning and registration services for internal and external clients.
- Develops business goals for event planning and registration services to effectively align and integrate function into Stanford Conference Services and R&DE units as appropriate.
- Applies knowledge of customer service standards and Stanford Conferences policies to identify, clarify and resolve, potential issues with planned events and ensure events are appropriate for the purpose intended.
- Assess client needs and negotiate details of requested services. Responsible for all details of the event planning including conference registration, catering, hotel arrangements, marketing and conference materials development, securing meeting space, coordinating logistics, decor, transportation, audio/ visual, signage, security, parking, budgets and other planning processes.
- Generate contracts (Letters of Agreements) for registration and event planning services and consistently meets deadlines for delivery of contracts. Ensures accuracy of information in agreements.
- Recommends registration services and event planning rates as part of the business plan. Develops methods to estimate and track staff hours on the various types of events.
- Develops monthly financial reports/budgets for Assistant Director of Adult Programs and Quality Management and Executive Director of Stanford Conferences to review and as appropriate makes recommendations to enhance revenue.
- Work closely with the Senior Conference Account Manager and Sales Strategist and the Business Support and Assessment team to develop sales and marketing plans for services including producing collateral material, direct mail advertisement, and phone sales.
- Provides coaching and training for SC staff, student and temporary staff in all components of event and registration services.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in Business, Hospitality Management, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in conference management, event planning or other related work, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated project management experience: conceptualizing, designing, managing timelines and budgets, implementing, coordinating and evaluating events. Experience with development of business strategies and planning to promote revenue growth and client satisfaction.
- Certified Meeting Professional certification or other related certification is preferred.
- Experience in an academic environment is preferred. Relevant Stanford University work experience is a plus.
- Interest in pursuing additional skills and professional development as recommended by the Executive Director.
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to cultivate professional business partnerships with key stakeholders within R&DE and across the campus.
- Ability to maneuver through various political landscapes and must possess a competent level of political astuteness to accomplish business objectives, seamlessly.
- Must demonstrate independent judgment, diplomacy, tact and discretion that result in making sound business decisions to achieve SC’s business goals.
- High level of resilience, flexibility and the ability to adjust to changes readily. Must be able to successfully overcome obstacles and problem solve. Must work effectively under all types of stress and pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and general database management. Experience with university conferencing software, such as Kinetic and/or Certain a plus. Ability to learn specialized software systems quickly.
- Strong organizational skills with excellent ability to plan and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be available to work extended hours, weekends, and/or alternative work schedules occasionally and as needed in support of organizational initiatives, events and conferences, and/or to complete normal assigned duties by due dates. Must be able to dedicate the time and attention required for successful execution of summer conference operations and client management.
TEKBERRY OFFERS A FOR REFERRALS!
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. US citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to work Corp to Corp or to sponsor H-1B visas currently. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Palo Alto, CA
Thu, 23 Jun 2022 22:36:52 GMT