Job title: Nurse Educator (RN) Hanover Med/Surg
#Nurse #Educator #Hanover #MedSurg
Job description: Description
The Nurse Educator, a professional registered nurse, has the authority, responsibility and accountability for delivery of nursing education. Orientation, continuing education and ongoing support for the nursing staff are the main objectives. The Nurse Educator must demonstrate the knowledge and educational skills necessary to assess, plan and provide the educational programs that are required.
- Develops and maintains productive working relationships internally and externally by building teams and relationships through mentoring and modeling uplifting and positive communication. Extends trust by acknowledging the contributions of others; listens first, creates transparency in communications, confronts reality, and clarifies expectations.Conveys information and ideas clearly through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Perform related duties as required
- Actively participates in department or practice-specific quality improvement efforts. Identifies opportunity for quality improvement to colleagues and management. Utilizes research and evidence-based practice to support improvement in clinical care: identifies research issues or articles related to clinical specialty or areas of interest
- Receive feedback and direction constructively.Serve as a formal and informal mentor for new staff members and mentor new preceptors to be successful in their role.Serve as a resource/consultant for patients, nursing staff and other disciplines in area of specialty.Participate in department-based Performance Improvement projects.Participate in self-review.Improve knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback or on self-identified developmental needs.Demonstrate a high level of initiative, work independently, and establish priorities to meet department and organizational goals.Obtain and maintain appropriate certifications.Participate in professional and community organizations.Develops professional coaching and feedback skills.
- Facilitates orientation and general continuing education programs. Utilize nursing process in teaching staff how to manage the care of patients including assessment, interdisciplinary planning, implementation, evaluation of patient care, teaching and discharge planning.Lead in the development of standards of nursing care and nursing policies.Identify, communicate and respond to meet the learning needs of nursing staff.Develop, implement and evaluate orientation and continuing education programs based on learning needs, clinical priorities and organizational resources.Facilitate staff initiatives to improve patient care.Comply with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.Promotes patient education.
- Demonstrate awareness of the impact of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department and organization.Take a leading role in major hospital-wide projects.Assume responsibility for complex assignments and view problems as challenges.Apply creative and innovative strategies in problem solving to achieve desired goals.Facilitates student experiences as appropriate.
- BSN Required (BSN waived if MSN obtained in program not conferring BSNs)
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experienceRelevant teaching experience
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse either in the state where the facility is located or in a state covered by a licensure compact agreement with the state where the facility is located. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hireUPMC approved certification preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
“Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.”
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Current UPMC employees must apply in
Expected salary: $33.3 – 51.6 per hour
Location: Hanover, PA
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 00:58:03 GMT