Job title: Occupational Therapist – Williamsport – Full-time
#Occupational #Therapist #Williamsport #Fulltime
Job description: Description
UPMC Williamsport is hiring a Full-Time Occupational Therapist! Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and include a weekend and holiday rotation.
We offer a competitive wage and a generous total rewards benefits package!
Provides occupational therapy assessment and treatment using advanced clinical skills in a specialty area of occupational therapy for patients referred to non-contracted and contracted facilities of Centers for Rehab Services. Serves as a clinical resource for other staff members. May have an individual agreement with an academic institution for instructional services. Participates in research conducted within Centers for Rehab Services.
- Maintains written documentation for all occupational therapy services rendered including documentation of initial assessment, follow-up visits, and discharge summary consistent with department standards. Co-signs occupational therapy assistant documentation biweekly.
- Communicates patient’s status to the referring physician and other health care team members.
- Completes necessary charge and statistical information to accurately reflect the service rendered to the patient.
- Schedules patients to achieve and maintain a level of productivity which meets or exceeds the standard established for the facility by the organization while ensuring delivery of quality patient care.
- Provides verbal and/or written home instructions to patient and/or family members when applicable.
- Participates in the organization’s clinical education program by providing clinical supervision of students completing internships from various universities as requested.
- Maintains professional license/registration through steady pursuit and participation in appropriate continuing education and professional development opportunities to satisfy requirements for licensure/registation renewal.
- Performs occupational therapy assessment, reassessment and treatment and supervises occupational therapy assistants in the treatment of pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients referred by a physician to the clinic. Develops plan of care including goals and treatment plan in accordance with physician referral, nature of injury/illness and results of occupational therapy assessment. Modifies or adjusts plan of care based on patient’s response to treatment and/or changes in patient’s status. Works with occupational therapy assistants to adjust patient programs as patient status changes.
- Rotates through selected treatment areas when necessary to facilitate organizational needs.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings and in-service education programs.
Graduate of an accredited program approved by The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES & INTERPERSONAL/LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Must possess knowledge and skills required to provide quality customer service. Must possess knowledge of normal human growth and development over the lifespan.Must be able to read, understand, analyze, and interpret medical record documents. Must be skilled in planning/organization, follow-up/control, delegation, problem-solving, self-development orientation, organizational behaviors/competencies, and stress tolerance. Must possess the ability to apply principles of logic and strategic thinking to a wide range of problems, and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.Must possess the ability to identify referral growth opportunities.Demonstrated ability to interact with healthcare team, coworkers, supervisors, and all members of the Corporate Management Team. Active participation with health care industry professional organizations is preferred. Must complete all mandatory competencies for system, CRS business unit and/or facility.Must complete CRS Orientation, Facility-specific Orientation, and Department Specific Orientation(s) where appropriate.May in the course of their job duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
CPR is required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
The Graduate Therapist is expected to:* Sit for the licensure exam at the soonest availability, not to exceed six months following the onset of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Current UPMC employees must apply in
Expected salary: $35.32 – 53 per hour
Location: Williamsport, PA
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 04:42:52 GMT