Job title: Pharmacy Tech
Company: Healthcare Support
Job description: Are you an experienced Pharmacy Technician looking for work and new opportunity with a prestigious healthcare company? Do you want the chance to advance your career by joining a rapidly growing company? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions – this Pharmacy Technician job opening is the position for you!
Daily Responsibilities of a Pharmacy Technician:
- The Pharmacy Technician will dispense any or all the following: unit doses, specialty pharmaceuticals, injectables, IV, enterals and related supplies following state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures
- Process, pack, and ship outgoing pharmacy orders, ensuring drug, related supplies, and patient collateral (education materials) are included
- May also perform drug/supply ordering and inventory/warehouse duties, including proper storage of drugs and supplies and appropriate refrigeration of perishable product, monitor and adjust/calibrate pharmacy equipment, fill dispensing units
- Call patients to discuss refill shipments as it relates to any patients’ shipments
- Follows up with patient regarding shipments and equipment
- Prep and scan documents, verify member/patient data, submit prescription orders in computer system. Contact members/patients to validate data, resolve rejected claims, request payment information, establish priority of order or delivery details, consult on medication issues, and set up treatment in on-site facilities
- Interpret provider prescription and create order, access, input and retrieve prescription and medical/lab information from computer system, verifies whether order/drug is reimbursable/covered
- f. Collaborates and communicates clearly with multiple members of the pharmacy team to ensure smooth workflow
- High School Diploma or GED
- Active PTCB and CA Pharmacy Technician License
- Experience in home infusion, specialty IV or hospital for related skill set
- Energetic and willing to learn required
Hours or shift of a Pharmacy Technician:
- 40 hours per week, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM with possible overtime (need to be flexible)
Advantages of this Opportunity:
- Pay: $ 20.00 – 24.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- Benefits offered, Medical, Dental, and Vision
Interested in being considered for this Pharmacy Technician job opening?
If you are interested in applying to this position, please click Apply Now for immediate consideration.
Healthcare Support Staffing, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Expected salary: $20 – 24 per hour
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:03:32 GMT