Job title: Physician Assistant, UPMC Magee Womens Surgical Associates
#Physician #Assistant #UPMC #Magee #Womens #Surgical #Associates
Job description: Description
University of Pittsburgh Physicians (UPP) is hiring a full-time Physician Assistant to support Magee Womens Surgical Associates. The offices are at UPMC Magee Womens Hospital in Oakland and the Lemieux Sports Complex in Cranberry. Will specialize in benign and malignant breast disease. Role consists of being in the operating room (40%), clinic (40%) administrative/phone/patient interaction (20%). The schedule is Monday-Friday 8 am to 4 pm.
Our providers work with breast issues-cancerous and benign. There are currently six physicians with two more to join us in September. Each team has a PA, RN, AA. We also have MAs and surgery schedulers. All report to the Sr Practice Manager.
See what being an Advanced Practice Provider can do for UPMC and what UPMC can do for Advanced Practice Providers – it’s more than just a job!
What Can You Bring to UPMC?
- Contribute to UPMC’s mission of Life Changing Medicine
- Set the standards for the level and quality of care for the care delivery team
- Provide patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the community and to your health care profession
What UPMC Can Do for You:
- A career path that provides you with the right experience to be successful in the position you want to obtain now and, in the future
- Health and welfare benefits like medical, vision, dental, and life and disability, and an exceptional retirement program
- Work life balance to help manage other importance aspects of your life such as: PTO, wellness programs, paid parental leave
- Competitive pay for the work that you do – base pay, merit, and premium pay, Sign-On Bonus if applicable
The Staff Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a Physician Assistant or Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner and a member of the care delivery team. The Staff APP is responsible to set the standards for the level and quality of care. The Staff APP has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of care through supervision by and collaboration with a physician. The Staff APP manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the Staff APP encompasses the beginnings of leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. The Staff APP establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. The Staff APP begins to demonstrate a commitment to the community and to their healthcare profession.
The successful candidate will be placed according to years and months of experience for employment purposes.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and/or interact appropriately to the patients served as specified below
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs
- Provide the care needs as described in the department policy and procedures
Special Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain positive, caring relationships with executives, managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, other departments, and patients/families
- Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment
- Handle multiple/changing priorities and specialized equipment
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care
- Good clinical judgment
- Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and lead others in application of acceptable standards of practice
- Mobility and visual manual dexterity
- Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients
This position is dependent upon successful attainment and maintenance of hospital privileges, if applicable to the Business Unit practice.
Licensure, Education, Certifications, and Clearances
- A graduate of a physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the physician assistant (ARC-PA) is required
- BS or MS candidate is preferred
- Experience as a physician assistant and/or experience in a clinical setting is preferred
- Current state PA license certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required
- Current CPR certification is required
- Act 34 Clearance required
UPMC has a Center for Engagement and Inclusions that is charged with executing leading-edge and next- generation diversity strategies to advance the organization’s diversity management capability and its national presence as a diversity leader. This includes having Employee Resources Groups, such as PRIDE Health or UPMC ENABLED (Empowering Abilities and Leveraging Difference) Network, that support the implementation of our diversity strategy.
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Current UPMC employees must apply in
Expected salary: $41.16 – 62.96 per hour
Location: Magee, MS
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 00:35:34 GMT