Keurig Dr Pepper
Job title: Product Attributes & Architecture Engineering Co-Op – Craftsmanship (Chicago, IL)
#Product #Attributes #Architecture #Engineering #CoOp #Craftsmanship #Chicago
Company: Keurig Dr Pepper
Job description: Job Description:
As a modern beverage company, Keurig Dr. Pepper (NASDAQ: KDP) was the first to bring hot and cold beverages together at scale. We are building on our position as the innovation leader in appliances to deliver the next generation of Keurig® machines to brew the love for our consumers and customers. Our Keurig® appliances implement advanced technology to bring our consumers a consistently perfect cup and we’re on a journey to engineer an even better cup of coffee while bringing our consumers the most simple and exceptional beverage experience yet.
As part of our Appliance Global Product Organization, you will be at the heart of a team that is transforming our iconic brand for the next era. Keurig Brewers utilize advanced technology to provide the Perfect Cup, in every cup. This product development team is responsible for end-to-end research, design, manufacture, and delivery of all beverage appliances for the At Home and Away from Home market segments. We expect all of our employees to exemplify our strong company values of “Team First”, “Deliver Big”, “Think Bold” and “Be Fearless and Fair” in their daily work. To support you on your journey, our facilities provide state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and workspaces. We also offer a competitive benefits package, training, and mentoring by our executive team.
Working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, the Product Attributes & Architecture Engineering Co-Op will work closely with Product Attribute Leaders to help develop strategy for the key product attributes of Craftsmanship and Performance, support the benchmarking of our own and competitive products from a Craftsmanship perspective, and work on various product attribute continuous improvement projects.
This is a hybrid position within our Global Product Organization based out of our new Chicago office located in mHUB Chicago (mhubchicago.com). This role will follow a working model of three days in the office, two days working remotely.
What you will do:
- Support Attribute Advanced Development and Innovation projects
- Work with the support the development of key product attribute prototypes and development of specifications primarily focused on the Craftsmanship attribute
- Brewer stiffness
- Brewer stability
- Visual Acceptance Criteria
- Gap variation studies – consumer perception translation to physical dimensions
- Other responsibilities as needed to support Product Attributes and Architecture development
- The specific advanced development project(s) that the Co-Op will be involved will be focused on the active projects at the time of the internship.
- The Co-Op will be involved in always-on architectural and product attribute knowledge gathering to support our planning process
- Presentation that summarizes accomplishments over the Co-Op
- Report-out on conclusions and next steps for owned project(s)
- Key insights gained from craftsmanship benchmarking conducted across internal and competitive products
- Opportunities identified for continuous improvement
Opportunities for learning
- Learn about and apply Systems Engineering – Requirements hierarchy, requirements decomposition / translation, target setting, trade space development
- Experience with an advanced product development process and innovation development
- Understanding of Key Decisions, Knowledge Gaps, Activities, and how they’re connected
As an intern at Keurig Dr Pepper, you will:
- Participate in meet & greets and lunch & learns with KDP executives and other organization leaders
- Receive professional development training such as networking, resume building, presenting and interviewing
- Be paired with a mentor to enhance your knowledge of other parts of the business and build your network
- Complete a project from start to finish and present it and your takeaways to your team, department vice president and other KDP stakeholders
What you must have:
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or similar
- Be available to work full-time during normal business hours, beginning January though June 2023
- Passion for consumer products
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Hands-on problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools
What is preferred:
- Interest in Industrial Design, Innovation, Consumer Research, UX design
- Experience with injection molded component design / manufacturability
- Familiarity with FMEA process, primarily FMEA inputs (block diagrams, etc.)
- Experience with the following programs: JMP, JIRA, Confluence, Lucidchart/Visio, MS Project/Smartsheet
*Work visa sponsorship is not available for this position, including CPT/OPT.
The pay range for this position starts at $23/hour.
This is a hybrid model role based in our Chicago office.
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Frisco, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disable
Expected salary: $23 per hour
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Tue, 16 Aug 2022 23:34:18 GMT