University of Arizona
Job title: Program Coordinator, Senior
#Program #Coordinator #Senior
Company: University of Arizona
Job description: Program Coordinator, Senior
Posting Number req10169
Department School of Information
Department Website Link
Location Main Campus
Address Tucson, AZ USA
This position is responsible for curriculum and enrollment for globally-run academic programs, student support for main campus, online, and global graduate students, as well as other kinds of general academic support to the School of Information. This position works alongside the other academic staff to ensure programs operate appropriately. The position reports to the Manager, Graduate Programs. Additional duties may be assigned as needed for special projects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
General assistance across the unit .25 FTE:
- Assist the iSchool Director, Associate Director, School staff, and faculty with efforts related to all global programming to include launching new programs, coordinating scheduling special registration lines, monitoring student policies, advising students as needed, and helping coordinate iSchool faculty and global faculty activity.
- Provide general support for the iSchool Program Coordinator who handles all degree programs and room/course scheduling in the unit.
- Provide general support in syllabi collection, program assessments, course competencies, graduate student handbooks, web content, and data analysis.
- Advise students, faculty, staff, and global partners on academic policies and procedures.
- Ensure all graduate programs are in compliance with Graduate College standards, working with the Schoolâs program coordinator, Graduate Program Manager, and others.
Graduate student support .75 FTE:
- Ensure incoming graduate students (across campuses, degrees, and delivery formats) in coordination with the graduate program manager, are oriented into their program, assist faculty advisors in their work supporting students, manage GradPath issues, register students in classes as needed, send reminders to students about plans of study, manage studentsâ change of grade forms, studentsâ taking âleaveâ from programs, track studentsâ course evaluations, and similar student-related issues.
- Oversee graduate student capstone and internship processes alongside the Manager, Graduate Programs, faculty, and staff.
- Assist in coordinating graduate student admissions across campuses, degrees, and delivery formats as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidates will have strong computer and technology-related skills, be able to work independently and take initiative.
- Highly organized disposition with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- High degree of professionalism in written and oral communication combined with a team-focused orientation to the work.
Familiarity with UAccess Student and Administration, GradAPP, Grad Path, Analytics, Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook, Office 365 suite). * Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience with University course scheduling.
- Experience with UAccess software.
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week 40
Job FTE 1.0
Work Calendar Fiscal
Job Category Student Services
Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay $44,000 – $48,000
Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level PC2
Job Family Student Services Admin
Job Function Student Services
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies 1
Target Hire Date 6/27/2022
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates Amy Gordon
Open Date 6/13/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Expected salary: $44000 – 48000 per year
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 00:53:51 GMT