University of Washington
Job title: RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST – INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY (TEMPORARY, DAY SHIFT)
#RADIOLOGY #TECHNOLOGIST #INTERVENTIONAL #RADIOLOGY #TEMPORARY #DAY #SHIFT
Company: University of Washington
Job description: If you are using a screen reader and experience any difficulty accessing our web pages, please call 206-543-2544 or email and we will be happy to assist you.
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST – INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY (TEMPORARY, DAY SHIFT)
RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST – INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY (TEMPORARY, DAY SHIFT)
Req #: 188808
Department: UW MEDICINE – NORTHWEST – INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY
Job Location: Seattle – Northgate, UW Medical Center – Northwest
Job Location Detail: 1550 N. 115th St.; Seattle, WA 98133
Posting Date: 08/02/2022
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $38.68 – $60.54 per hour
Union Position: Yes
Shift: First Shift
A Higher Degree of Healthcare
Advanced imaging and diagnostic services in North Seattle
Radiology at UWMC-Northwest is equipped with the advanced diagnostic imaging technology available. Our board-certified radiologists have specialty training in cardiac imaging, neuroimaging, musculoskeletal, interventional radiology, nuclear medicine and body and breast imaging. Along with our team of expert imaging technologists, they are committed to diagnosing illnesses and injuries quickly and effectively so treatment can begin.
We take time and attention with each patient to explain procedures, so they’ll know what to expect every step of the way.
Radiology Services at UW Medical Center – Northwest offers routine radiology, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), ultrasound, nuclear medicine, and interventional radiology.
UW Medical Center – Northwest – Radiology Department has an outstanding opportunity for a RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST, INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY to assist radiologists, cardiologists, and neurosurgeons in performing interventional procedures.
Temporary, day shift, 10 hours per shift and 8 hour shifts during on call status, variable days per week.
Assists physician in performing interventional diagnostic exams & procedures, includes but is not limited to:
- Assists radiologists, cardiologists, and neurosurgeons in performing angiographic, interventional, neuro-injection, neuro-embolization, and other radiographic procedures. Performs assigned radiographic exams and procedures in accordance with established protocols and standards. Performs the entire variety of technical procedures expected of an Interventional Technologist.
- Prepares and positions patient for exam.
- Scrubs and assists the radiologist, cardiologist, or neurosurgeon; sets up sterile procedure trays; circulates and monitors patient during exam.
- Administers contrast/IV fluids/medications and monitors patient vital signs post-injection of medication, in accordance with hospital guidelines.
- Safety: Provides protection for patient, self, and other staff in accordance with prescribed safety standards and protective devices. Uses proper sterile technique.
- Produces technically acceptable Interventional images in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Provides physician with the requested information for each exam; assists physician with problem-solving.
- Completes daily work in a timely fashion within exam time-window.
- Performs quality assurance checks on equipment and processes per department policies. Investigates and informs supervisor of any quality issues or problems.
Operates, troubleshoots, maintains equipment, includes but is not limited to:
- Provides equipment vendor/contractor and/or supervisor with timely notification and documentation of equipment issues.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of formal specific training in an accredited program for Radiologic Technology.
- Current certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R).
- Current licensure with the State of Washington as RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST
- Current CPR or BLS certification, must obtain within 90 days of hire.
This position is temporary, which means there is an annual cap on hours worked, but can be renewed each year. To view the UW definition of temporary,
All across UW Medicine, our employees collaborate to perform the highest quality work with integrity and compassion and to create a respectful, welcoming environment where every patient, family, student and colleague is valued and honored.
UW Medicine’s mission is to improve the health of the public by advancing medical knowledge, providing outstanding primary and specialty care to the people of the region, and preparing tomorrow’s physicians, scientists and other health professionals.
, and join our mission to make life healthier for everyone in our community.
At UW Medical Center – Northwest (formerly Northwest Hospital & Medical Center), we’re proud of the acclaim we’ve received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we’ve received are: The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award; The Stroke Care Excellence Award; Winner of the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row. We’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medical Center – Northwest is a full-service medical center based in North Seattle. We are a non-profit community hospital offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 2,000 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus, just north of Seattle.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center – Montlake, UW Medical Center – Northwest, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine, and Airlift Northwest.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under .
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in , and committed to becoming climate neutral.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or .
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Governor Inslee’s requires employees of higher education and healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.
Expected salary: $38.68 – 60.54 per hour
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 22:30:41 GMT