State of Utah
Job title: Reimbursement Director
Company: State of Utah
Job description: Job Description
A rewarding career opportunity calling for excellent management skills; forecasting skills; the ability to learn and understand financial transactions. The position is with the Office of Financial Services in the Medicaid program. The incumbent will oversee reimbursement policies/procedures and legislative requests for Medicaid. For information about Utah’s Medicaid program please .
Preference may be given to CPAs and those with a completed Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting or a related field as determined by the hiring official.
A skills assessment will be given prior to any interview scheduling.
Why work for the Utah Department of Health and Human Services? In addition to the rich the State of Utah offers, the department offers:
- On-site fitness center, for a minimal membership fee
- UTA Eco Pass, at a discounted monthly rate
- Teleworking opportunities
- On-site day care center with First Steps Day Care – contact for rates and availability, 801-538-6996
If offered this position, your employment will be contingent upon passing a background check and review. There will be no cost to you for this check. This check will include fingerprinting, which will be available at various UDOH locations for your convenience. Fingerprinting will be completed prior to your first day of employment. You may review the policy by clicking
Example of Duties
- Manage subordinate personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions
- Understand and educate others on the practices of the Medicaid system
- Oversee the development of provider reimbursement and capitation rates
- Oversee audit team
- Coordinate and review responses to Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget (GOPB) and Legislative Fiscal Analyst (LFA) requests
- Work with external stakeholders such as the GOPB, LFA, advocates, health providers, etc. to provide accurate information about the division’s expenditures, services, and reimbursement policies.
- Oversee monitoring and tracking of reimbursement programs ensuring accurate payment
- Ensure expenditures and sources of revenue are accurately reported to division management and other stakeholders at regular intervals
- Assess the impact of legislation or audit recommendations on areas of oversight
- Maintain areas of the State Plan and Administrative Rules dealing with reimbursement
- Develop and improve procedures
- Read, interpret and apply laws, policies/procedures and ensure compliance
(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- Have solid management and mentoring skills
- Have ability to understand, categorize, organize, and interpret diverse data sets
- Have strong MS Office skills
- Have solid time management and organizational skills
- Have proven analytical skills
- Have the drive to innovate
- Have a passion for problem solving
- Have willingness to learn and grow
- Have the ability to collaborate and work closely with various business, IT and senior management teams
- Have the ability to communicate results and progress internally and externally
- Have the ability to quantify and measure impacts of proposals
- Have ability to read, interpret and apply laws, and policies/procedures
- Have project management and critical thinking skills
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
The State of Utah offers eligible employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a comprehensive leave program. Please click the following link for a detailed information page: . To access a Total Compensation Calculator in Excel format click .
FMLA General Notice:
(right click + open link in new tab)
(clic derecho + abrir en una pestaña nueva?)
Expected salary: $31.56 – 51.45 per hour
Location: Salt Lake County, UT
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:35:23 GMT