Job title: Research Assistant Clinical Research
#Research #Assistant #Clinical #Research
Job description: Description
UPMC Magee-Womens Hospital is seeking a Full-time Research Assistant – Clinical Research to support the 1536 – Pregnancy Complication department!
This position will work Monday – Friday day shift. Hours are subject to change based on business needs.
This position is grant funded. The grant will end on 5/31/23
This position will be responsible for processing samples, maintaining laboratory inventory, including timely ordering and receipt of required supplies and their proper storage. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in research and the ability to work independently under tight deadlines.
Under Faculty or Research Associate supervision, accurately performs research projects according to established study design and procedures.
The Miracle of Life study, MoL is an observational study of pregnant women with the goal of validating biomarkers of pregnancy complications, such as preterm birth and preeclampsia. In this role, the clinical research assistant will approach pregnant women daily in the Magee clinics, introduce the study and enroll women who are interested in participating in the MoL study. The RA will participate in weekly meetings with the study team and accurately report on recruitment and collection metrics.
- Maintain laboratory inventory, including timely ordering and receipt of required supplies and their proper storage.
- Follow appropriate research policies and procedures including all applicable laws and regulations and maintains scientific integrity including accurate data storage.
- When position is required to work within the outpatient clinic, assist with patient care activities to ensure efficient and appropriate service.
- Administer questionnaires and assists with procedures for obtaining patient screening and recruitment as well as obtaining research specimens.
- Prepare, label, store and disposes of reagents, and calibrates equipment for research projects.
- Maintain a safe clean laboratory-working environment including appropriate equipment maintenance and usage, by conforming to laboratory and hospital policies and standards.
- Responsible for following the mandatory reporting procedures for any incident or serious event that did affect or potentially could have affected the clinical care of any patient.
- Assist in obtaining educational resources necessary to perform and interpret research and to remain abreast in research area of function.
- Perform approved research projects according to defined protocols and procedures including appropriate collection, recording, storage and analysis of data and reporting of results.
- Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry, biology or other basic science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a science or health related field with a minimum of 15 credit hours in related science courses.
- Manual dexterity and visual acuity necessary for handling and processing specimens for testing, including preparation of specimens, operation of laboratory equipment, microscopic examination, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately collect, store and interpret research data.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with patients, staff, and investigators
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 33
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC. Refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Information section at the top of this page to learn more.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
Current UPMC employees must apply in
Expected salary: $17.92 – 28.44 per hour
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 07:23:30 GMT