University of Arkansas System
Job title: RN PRN Perinatal E6
Company: University of Arkansas System
Job description: Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Job Type: Temporary (Fixed Term)
Sponsorship Available: No
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more:
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at .
Department: ICE | WISL Nursing Srv Perinatal IP C
Summary of Job Duties: This posting will be used to fill multiple positions
Schedule: PRN, As Needed Basis
The Registered Nurse provides direct patient care to assigned patients in our Perinatal Unit (E6). The UAMS Perinatal unit is in the Harry P. Ward Clinical Tower. The unit consists of 28 rooms, and a newborn procedure area. E6 Perinatal provides high-risk obstetrical care for patients all over the state, including comprehensive care for postpartum, well newborn, high risk Antepartum, and Gynecologic patients. E6 Perinatal supports patient and family centered care and as a result, the newborns, if stable, are allowed to stay with their mothers after delivery to promote bonding.
PRN staff are not eligible to receive benefits, but may contribute to pre-tax supplemental Retirement.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with Associates Degree, Nursing Diploma, Bachelors in Nursing, or Master’s in Nursing.
- Valid RN License.
- Minimum of 1 year Registered Nursing Perinatal experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong work ethics and accountability.
- 2 or more years RN experience with current BLS.
- Delivers nursing care according to the standard of care defined by UAMS, ANA and Standards for specialty patient population with support and mentoring by other team members.
- Collects and documents assessment data.
- Develops a Plan of Care (POC) per standard.
- Implements POC including medical order and interdisciplinary approach.
- Evaluates the progress of patient toward attainment of desired outcomes.
- Provides effective patient/family education/discharge planning; Administers medication per standard including drug information to patients/families.
- Acts as a resource/supports others;
- Delegates care based on ASBN Delegation Model, legal and regulatory requirements, specific job description and individual level of education and training.
- Contributes to a positive work environment that is conducive to quality patient care and clinical education while serving as a resource for student nurses and staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
PRN Nurses will report to an assigned Clinical Services Manager
PRN Applicant’s Work history will be screened to match the position in which they have applied for.
PRN Maximum allowable hours in a floating year is 1000.
Transfers Into PRN:
Must Follow Transfer Requirements Prior To Last Working Day As Posted On UAMS Nursing Website. Select ‘Employment Info’ Drop Down Tab Prior To Submitting An Application.
Employees in this role must be fitted for, capable of donning and performing routine tasks in personal protective equipment to include N95 masks, Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) or Controlled Air Purifying Respirators (CAPR).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift and carry weight: 100+ lbs
Push and pull weight :100+ lbs
Use hands to touch, handle or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment : Inside Medical Facility Environment
Noise Level : Moderate
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Biological, Chemical, Dust, Electrical, Fumes/Gases/Odors, Radiation, Sharp objects/tools
Salary Information: $41/Hour
Required Documents to Apply: Resume
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
Benefits Eligible: No
Expected salary: $41 per hour
Job date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 07:44:28 GMT