Gallup McKinley County Schools
Job title: Secretary – Bookkeeper (203 Day Contract)
#Secretary #Bookkeeper #Day #Contract
Company: Gallup McKinley County Schools
Job description: To perform clerical support duties in maintaining student attendance record; to develop and input correspondence and data into a computer terminal; to assist and inform the public on departmental policies and procedures; and to assist with basic sorting, filing, copying or clerical activities.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED & RECEIVED:
Receive immediate supervision from assigned higher level staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Participate in routine record keeping of student attendance and other school records.
- Type, proofread and word process a variety of documents and forms including general correspondences, reports, orders and memoranda from rough drafts or verbal instruction.
- Enter data into a computer from various sources including statistical and related documents; input corrections and updates; verify data for accuracy and completeness; assist in the compilation of reports.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer, copier, facsimile machine, microfilm machine, and computer; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain disk storage and filing.
- Answer the telephone and assist the general public; provide information on departmental and district policies and procedures as required.
- Process the mail including receiving, sorting and distributing incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Serve as liaison among the principal, teachers, students, parents and other staff members in relation to assigned duties.
- Greet visitors to school, determine nature of visitors’ business with the school, and direct visitors to proper destination; maintain log of visitors to the school.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
May include the following duties, as listed;
- Ordering of supplies, such as; office supplies, furniture, textbooks, etc.
- Manage school site activity funds.
- Manage Federal funds allocated to the school.
- Oversee timesheets for substitute teachers and employees. Review and make corrections as needed, then submit to Personnel Office on timely matter.
Experience: Some secretarial experience including contact with the public and/or customer service is preferred.
Training/Education: High School Diploma or equivalency (GED).
Environmental Conditions: Office environment; work with computers and other office equipment.
Physical Conditions: Essential functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting for prolonged periods of time.
You must attach a copy of your High School Diploma or equivalency. You must attach copies of ALL college transcripts to verify hours.
Powered by Aspex Solutions – AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions – You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs – all from AppliTrack school districts.
Expected salary: $24000 per year
Location: New Mexico
Job date: Sun, 07 Aug 2022 07:28:48 GMT