Job ID 122583
#Senior #Bookkeeper #Special #Education
Senior Bookkeeper – Special Education
Rochester Community Schools
$16.11 per hour
Senior Bookkeeper – Special Education
8 hours per day
12 Month Schedule
$16.11 per hour, per RSPA Master Agreement for Classification III
+1% additional off schedule increase = $0.16 = $16.27 per hour
QUALIFICATIONS: * High School Diploma required, post-secondary credentials preferred.
- Strong background in accounting and bookkeeping with three to five years of accounting experience.
- Strong computer skills and aptitude to learn software programs used in this position. Microsoft Office Specialist Certification, preferred.
- Ability to interact positively with school personnel, vendors, and the community.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks competently and efficiently with limited supervision.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Special Education
JOB GOAL: To facilitate complete and accurate financial records for the special education activity of the District, reconcile accounts, and assist in the analysis of special education financial data.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: The performance responsibilities listed below represent an overview of the responsibilities for this position.
- Prepares and monitors the Special Education (SE) Department’s annual budget, which also includes processing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reconciliations. Works closely with the SE Administrators, SE Department Chairs, and the District Business Office personnel to complete this responsibility.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of advanced and/or custom reports as necessary to perform daily bookkeeping and budget oversight duties.
- Provides technical and analytical support for the department’s administrative staff relating to the Special Education budgets, accounts and reports, including guidance in the use of the District financial and accounting system.
- Monitors the Special Education budget for compliance in allowable expenses and assists with annual audits.
- Responsible for the processing and tracking of all special education purchasing transactions, at a District level, and for building or program specific requirements.
- Maintains and distributes to multiple district departments, (Human Resources, Payroll, etc.) the official Special Education resource allocations per approved program budgets, including staffing assignment details such as location, FTE and all account number requirements.
- Assigns and verifies appropriate account numbers including payroll timesheets.
- Responsible for securing and payment of contracted special education services for program requirements which would include, but are not limited to, interpreters, nursing staff and other consultants.
- Assists the Executive Director, Assistant Directors, and Supervisors as requested.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director of Special Education.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: * 12 month position
- 8 hours per day
- Salary and benefits per the Rochester Support Personnel Association master agreement for Classification III
WORKING CONDITIONS: * An employee working in this assignment will be required to sit for long periods of time and work on a desktop computer.
- Data entry and record search is a large part of the duties of this position and repetitive hand motion will be required.
REQUIRED POSITION TESTS:
Microsoft Office Current District Version: Intermediate-level Word and Excel; Basic-level PowerPoint and Outlook; Assessments in Customer Service Phone Skills, Interpersonal/Teamwork Office Skills, Sentence Clarity, Spelling, and Alpha/Numeric/Record Locator tests. Senior Bookkeeper Position-specific test.
Job Title : Senior Bookkeeper – Special Education (1190)
Primary Location : Administration Building
Salary Range : $16.11 – $16.11 / Per Hour
Shift Type : Full-Time
Sun, 05 Jun 2022 04:02:42 GMT