Job ID 123014
#Senior #Business #Analyst #Devices #Services #PXT
Senior Business Analyst, Devices and Services (D&S) PXT
$118000 – 160000 per year
*Please note this role can be done from any location on the West Coast including Seattle, Los Angeles, the Bay Area as well as remotely.*
At Amazon we strive to be Earth’s most customer centric company and data is a foundational component to making this happen. In this role you will be responsible for navigating a wealth of data and turning it into actionable and insightful information for business partners in order to deliver better products and services to our customers. As part of the Devices & Services HR team you will join the team behind the best-selling Amazon Echo, Kindle, and our new Astro. You will contribute to helping our leaders make informed people decisions, support a variety of new and ongoing initiatives in support of the employee experience, and assist in uncovering where we should invest. Your work will be dedicated to empowering leaders and enabling action through data and science. In addition to standard reporting, we seek to leverage analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their team members to propel the business forward. You’ll be part of a dynamic team embedded in the mission of the businesses it supports and will take a part in our effort towards becoming the Earth’s best employer.
Key job responsibilities
- Work closely with HR teams across the globe, building on your strong analytical skills to identify pain points and insights to drive the biggest impact on our people experience.
- Use data analysis and data visualization to provide actionable insights for our teams.
- Help the HR and Business leaders connect the dots, unearth interesting trends or blind spots to evolve the organization’s people strategy and introduce new mechanisms for data reporting and analysis.
- Propose new ways to leverage data in support of the team’s initiatives.
- Prepare ongoing data sets and analysis to be scaled and leveraged in business facing mechanisms.
- Provide special data analysis for high priority projects that enable the HR team to achieve their goals, drive decision making and create new strategies where necessary.
- Gather and manage large datasets from multiple sources.
- Work with the central Amazon devices HR analytics team to leverage and translate their data and reporting tools and mechanisms into analytical horsepower for the HR team.
- Build reporting and communication mechanisms aimed at empowering the devices HRBPs.
- Coach and develop HRBPs on their analytical skills and best use of existing datasets and reports.
- The pay range for this position in Colorado is $118,000- 160,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
- BA/BS degree in relevant field
- 6+ years of experience in analytics, reporting and data management
- Knowledge of basic to advanced statistical techniques for hypothesis testing or prediction (Correlation, Regression, Logistic Regression, ANOVA, Chi-square, Confidence Interval, etc.)
- Knowledge of a data science programming language (R and/or Python).
- Knowledge of basic data visualization techniques (scatter plots, fit lines, bar charts, time series, etc.).
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities in a highly matrixed environment
- Comfortably and skillfully flex among various tools according to the problem and data
- History of building strong collaborative relationships and influencing peers and senior stakeholders with data, research, and compelling narrative content; able to present and clearly communicate complex data, analyses, and findings to non-experts
- Ability to handle responsibilities independently, while exercising good judgment in problem solving and keeping team members adequately informed
- Ability to understand the data and handle data quality issues and respond to customer queries
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with extreme discretion, including working with encrypted files
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight
- Proficiency with SQL/relational databases and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document and report preparation Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Working experience in an HR functions such as Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting Operations, HR Operations.
- Master’s degree Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively develop and communicate clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses.
- Proven records in managing customers’ expectations in the field of analytics.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and SQL.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 00:28:20 GMT