Job ID 122825
#Senior #Tax #Specialist
Senior Tax Specialist
€1950 per month
Are you enthusiastic about tax, have and eye for detail and punctuality is your friend ? If you are looking for next step in career and have some experience with CIT, direct tax, US GAAP, calculation, apply for our growing Tax team.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
The EMEA Tax CoE is responsible for the EMEA Tax compliance and US GAAP / Local GAAP Tax accounting including calculations of income and deferred taxes under local (national) tax rules. In addition, the CoE supports the regional tax management with data needs in view of projects, compliance, technology, and controversy.
The team also supports Johnson Controls in the ongoing efforts to implement standardized and improved tax compliance processes, centralized data management, etc.
How you will do it
- Maintain a portfolio of legal entities within an assigned region.
- Handle tax computations and reporting on a timely manner (to be finalized and submitted) to the regional tax management / tax authorities within agreed target dates.
- Work with external providers / regional tax team to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers.
- Prepare and Review the draft tax computation produced to ensure correct treatment of items and resolve whether further information is required.
- Liaise with regional management to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
- Deliver a high quality, technically accurate final draft tax computation, ready for final review
- Provide advice and support to the regional management, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to tax authority correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
- Support, standardize and optimize CIT compliance processes across the EMEA region
- Potential visits to the region when appropriate.
What we look for
- 1 – 2 years of previous experience from corporate direct income tax
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in Finance or Tax preferably with focus on tax or accounting
- Basic understanding of local GAAP concepts
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to oral and written communication skills
- Able to prioritize workload and meet business requirements
- Excellent teamwork and organizational skills, including monitoring timetables
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of another European language is a plus
- Experience with international GAAP (IFRS) concepts will be a plus
- ERP systems knowledge (including SAP and Oracle) might be an advantage
What you will learn
Development is the key in this field, and we will support you. Our managers will help you to grow in our team and you can also participate on accredited courses (external tax courses, FIA, ACCA) within this field. In this dynamic team we will keep an eye on you, so you are never behind with new Tax/Accounting trends. You will deepen your knowledge and gain more experience within this fast-paced environment.
Besides working in an international environment, you will receive a regularly monthly bonus after your first six months, meal vouchers, a recreation allowance and retail discounts. Additionally, our flexible benefits program will allow you to customize benefits from a selection of 3500 products and service such as gym membership, medical cover, a multi-sports card plus many more.
Our onsite facilities at our Bratislava based office includes a fitness centre, canteen, nursery and coffee machines located on every floor.
If you are relocating to Bratislava to join Johnson Controls, you will be eligible to receive a housing allowance to help you setup your new life in Slovakia.
The gross monthly salary for this position starts from 1950 EUR per month, plus a monthly bonus that starts after your first 6 months. Please note this is a minimum salary and our compensation packages are based on your professional experience and qualifications.
At Johnson Controls you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects in today’s market. Our hardworking people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, results-oriented, hardworking and above all fun.
We believe that diversity and inclusion matter and make a difference. By embracing the true value of diversity and inclusion, getting comfortable with having crucial conversations, and valuing different perspectives, we will be one of the most desirable places to work.
Bratislava, Bratislavský kraj
Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:44:42 GMT