Job ID 122942
#Senior #Researcher #Google #Cloud
Senior UX Researcher, Google Cloud
$152000 – 163000 per year
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Redwood City, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA; Pittsburgh, PA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in an applied research setting, or similar.
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.).
- Relevant product research experience, either in an end-to-end, usability, or generative setting.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field.
- 5 years of experience conducting UX research on products and working with executive leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
- 3 years of experience managing projects, and working in a large, matrixed organization.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research and/or academic settings.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to drive impact.
About the job At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.” User Experience Researchers (UXRs) make this possible.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you’ll help your team of UXers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs. You’ll work with stakeholders across functions and levels and have impact at all stages of product development. You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. You’ll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis.
The UXR community at Google is unique and will help you do your best work. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from UXRs across Google through regular meetups, mentor programs, and access to internal research tools.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $152,000 – $163,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, server logs and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other UXRs to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Tue, 07 Jun 2022 22:15:45 GMT