Job ID 123224
#Software #Engineer #Data #Platform
Software Engineer (Data Platform)
$134000 per year
Note: This position is also open to remote
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the .
About The Role
Are you excited about building a DataMesh platform on a global scale? Do you want to build a self-service, highly scalable platform to power Udemy’s groundbreaking AI, ML, and data products? Udemy’s Data org is looking for self-driven, creative DataMesh platform engineers passionate about changing the world by democratizing online education.
We are building highly available, scalable data infrastructure, services, tools, and libraries that will serve critical data discovery, ML/data pipeline development & deployment, data security & compliance, and self-healing data operational needs.
Come join us and play a key role in developing and driving the adoption of our DataMesh, data-centric micro-services, data engineering and ML platform.
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in Java, Scala, Python, Rust or equivalent programming language
- Strong grasp of object-oriented design patterns, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience with agile development methodologies & test-driven development (TDD)
- Deep expertise in distributed data systems – HDFS, Yarn, Spark, Presto, Kafka, Redshift, Snowflake, Databricks, AWS S3, EMR, Athena
- Experience building batch and realtime data pipelines with Airflow, dbt, Kafka Streams/Spark Structured Streaming/Druid/Flink
- Exposure to data catalog open source projects like DataHub, Lyft Amundsen, OpenMetadata, etc.
- Exposure to BI tools and notebook solutions – Apache Superset, Looker, Mode, AWS Sagemaker, Databricks
- Experience with container systems (e.g., Docker) and container orchestration (e.g., ECS/EKS, Kubernetes)
- Self-starter, quick learner and a great team player
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Active contributions to open source projects is a plus
- Experience in ML Ops is a plus
- Experience in Terraform and Ansible is a plus
Minimum Salary: $134,000 + Equity + Benefits
San Francisco, CA
Fri, 17 Jun 2022 07:28:55 GMT