Job title: Special Exceptions – Eng
#Special #Exceptions #Eng
Job description: Job Description
- This position entails working in the Client North America Customer Assistance Center (CAC) assisting authorized service locations in troubleshooting parts/service-related issues.
- This role will include a wide variety of cross-functional collaboration opportunities and exposure with Aftermarket/Service Operations, Sales, Engineering and Field Service.
- Provides service diagnostic and repair assistance to dealers, distributors, and field service personnel supporting Client products.
- Utilizes and interprets engineering bills of materials, parts breakdowns, and engineering drawings and wiring diagrams, specifications, service literature.
- Escalates new or complex service and parts technical issues to the appropriate Internal department SME – Subject Matter Expert.
- Reports service documentation errors and omissions to appropriate internal department SME – Subject Matter Expert.
- Keeps management advised of major service and parts technical concerns or emerging issues tracking.
- Maintains call note log files with all pertinent information and documentation in Call Center software.
- Contacts vendors as needed for service-related information.
- Assists with minor vehicle modifications, specifically parameterization.
- Provides cross-functional support to Sales, Engineering, Quality, Training, and Warranty departments on an as-needed basis.
- Candidates that have graduated from an automotive / diesel tech school or having actual class 8 heavy truck shop experience.
- Diesel mechanic background.
- Familiarity with trucks or been around trucks.
- Good documentation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interpret what the technician on the other line is saying and assist.
- Previous experience working in a shop, service writer, dealer shop, etc.
- Manager views this as an Entry level position (L7 or Technical Support Person.
- 1-2 years of experience as a Diesel mechanic or Trade school graduates or are attending schools.
- Automotive experience.
- Someone who is eager to break into this industry.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Expected salary: $26.47 – 28.46 per hour
Location: Portland, OR
Job date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 07:27:33 GMT