Infinity Consulting Solutions
Job title: Sr Systems Administrator
Company: Infinity Consulting Solutions
Job description: Job Description – Sr Systems Administrator
TITLE: Senior Systems Administrator
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
Under limited supervision, provides ongoing support of the District’s server environment. Troubleshoots, works with customers, and provides solutions to system problems. Participates in and leads departmental and District projects. Investigates and recommends software solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provides ongoing support of the District’s server environment.
- Deploys the release of new technologies as well as performing installations, upgrades, testing, and maintenance of environmental software and hardware in a multiple server and multiple network operating system environments.
- Develops detailed work plans for both installation and continuing maintenance.
- Oversees tests and monitors the performance of network resources.
- Provide on-going support of centralized local area networks.
- Support web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Works with automation and user staff to implement new District client/server applications.
- Consults with District end users on computing needs.
- Trains users on operations and procedures.
- Provides consultation to other department technical staff.
- Participates in departmental and District projects, and acts a the lead on some projects.
- As the lead, assigns project tasks to staff, prepares project plans, and other documentation related to server management and network operating systems projects and operations.
- Also participates in System projects.
- Assists users in problem analysis and provides technical support.
- Investigates reported problems which affect server security, single or multiple end users, departments and central (client/server) applications.
- Either performs first stop problem resolution, or coordinates with internal support and operations group, and with vendors to resolve problems.
- Follows up with customers to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Maintains current inventory of server hardware and software.
- Investigates and recommends software solutions.
- Works with vendors on procurement processes.
- Maintains contact with outside organization in the maintenance, service and/or purchase of related server and operating systems.
- Maintains system documentation, operations procedures, contingency plans, and District system administration standards and guidelines.
- Assists in the development and implementation of contingency and disaster recovery plans.
- Performs scheduled contingency tests.
- Maintains current knowledge of operating systems, understanding of Bank’s operational functions and industry trends and developments in automation technology and products.
- Attends vendor seminars and formal classes and reviews trade journals, periodicals and various education materials.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2-5 years experience preferred
- Advanced PowerShell automation and administration
- Basic programming
- Windows Server (including non-GUI/Server Core)
- Active Directory
- Hyper-V, DHCP/DNS/Multiple VLANs
- Linux (helpful but not required)
- Certifications/Licenses: MCITP – Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
Expected salary: $44.14 – 52.65 per hour
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 05:23:03 GMT