Job title: Technologist Jr
Job description: Job Description
The candidate for this Technologist/Field Engineer (FE) position will conduct testing of equipment to ensure the accurate level of integrity for the system. Perform visual and operational inspections of office equipment to include bench testing, the use of Digital Imaging tools, using approved test procedures that are in accordance with OEM and current U.S. Government specifications. The candidate will perform the following core duties:
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to travel world-wide.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively orally and in writing. Ability to research statistical, narrative, and electronic information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, think conceptually, observe and evaluate trends, analyze data, and draw conclusions.
- Disassembly to the printed circuit board level and inspection, reassembly, and installation of modifications as required, and final operational testing.
- Ability to Compose Daily worklogs and record in the Service Now Application
- Perform non-destructive testing, inspection, diagnosis, and mitigate technical security vulnerabilities of IT hardware to include, Workstations, Printers, Network components, VTC’s and Telephony equipment.
- Provide overseas field engineering service to include maintenance and final disposition to IT hardware.
- Strong Networking and Call Manager experience a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are required.
Experience and Education:
- Military and/or Intelligence Community experience in a relevant technical field of Electrical Engineering Technology or related field is preferred.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or relevant technical school is a plus.
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is also preferred.
- Ability to read and apply, schematics and technical manuals.
Required Qualifications :
- A Top Secret with Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Access Security Clearance (TS SCI) or the ability to obtain and maintain one is required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly involving walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, and color vision.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Expected salary: $65000 – 80000 per year
Location: Springfield, VA
Job date: Wed, 03 Aug 2022 05:31:55 GMT