Job title: Technology Specialist
Job description: EcoRise is a nonprofit social enterprise whose mission is to mobilize a new generation of leaders to design healthy, just, and thriving communities for all. We offer a range of K-12 curricula and programs designed to advance environmental literacy, sustainable schools, and equitable access to green career pathways.
In January 2019, EcoRise launched Gen:Thrive, an initiative that provides shared data and technology tools to accelerate sustainability education and advance health, equity and climate resilience in K-12 schools. Joining forces across all states and sectors, Gen:Thrive aims to provide our field with the tools, information and insights needed to explore local community needs, spark new partnerships and amplify our collective impact.
As Gen:Thrive expands and deepens its reach across the United States, we are seeking an experienced, mission-driven professional to join our team as a Technology Specialist. Working closely with the Gen:Thrive team, the Technology Specialist will help ensure the proper normalized form and structure of an online data source that powers the Gen:Thrive directory. The primary responsibility of the Technology Specialist will be to maintain the integrity, provide quality assurance, and transform data provided by third party partners and load the data into the data source. In addition, the Technology Specialist will be responsible for extracting the data on a periodic basis and preparing it for processing through a suite of data visualization platforms.
Data Management & Visualization
- Extract, transform, and load data into the database.
- Provide administrative support related to customizations and data workflow
- Update and maintain data sets for data visualization platforms (ESRI, Plotly, Heroku, Kumu).
- Research, adapt and integrate new and existing datasets.
- Effectively collaborate with EcoRise and Gen:Thrive teams to build and update WordPress sites, including blogs, new web pages and custom surveys via Gravity Forms.
- Design and deliver new features and functionality across cloud-based applications.
- Work closely with EcoRise and partner design teams to ensure that all brand guidelines and standards are followed while ensuring quality and accuracy of website design.
Technical Support & Communications
- Collaborate with EcoRise team and external stakeholders to ensure our platforms meet operational expectations relating to functionality, integration, and performance
- Support in the creation of user instructional manuals to access and update records in the database.
- Maintain a flexible work environment and attitude that adapts to changing priorities
- Minimum of 3 years experience with an intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel formulas
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with WordPress
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with relational databases and data models
- Working knowledge of MySQL and/or SQL
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of WordPress, Gravity Forms, Zapier, and Toolset
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail, with a high level of autonomy and self-accountability
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly, ask thoughtful questions, collaborate and handle constructive feedback
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to communicate complex technical solutions to team members and community partners is essential
- Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces with keen eye for usability and design
- Committed to, knowledgeable of, and enthusiastic about the EcoRise mission and programs
TIMELINE & COMPENSATION
Start date begins September 2022. This position is expected to take 20-30 hours per week, with the possibility of full-time employment. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience, ranging from $25 – $30 per hour.
Deadline to submit resume with cover letter is August 13th, 2022.
EcoRise is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and technical skills required of personnel so classified.
Expected salary: $25 – 30 per hour
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 04:48:08 GMT