Job title: Temporary Shelter Associate, Greater San Diego Area, Morning Shift
#Temporary #Shelter #Associate #Greater #San #Diego #Area #Morning #Shift
Company: City Net
Job description: Overview: Temporary Shelter Associates will provide program support and assist with security at the low-threshold bridge housing program. They will assist the Shelter Manager in maintaining a positive, professional, and safe environment in the site, protecting against external and internal disruptions. They will provide general support for shelter guests including coordinating check-in, conducting property checks, providing conflict resolution, and driving passenger shuttles to the shelter from community pick-up sites. They will coordinate and assist volunteers providing meals and other supportive services, and assist with meal setup/cleanup and light cleaning. Additional areas of responsibility include but are not limited to coordinating and performing daily data entry regarding meals, supportive services, and donations; communicating policies and procedures to external constituents (e.g. current or potential providers of meals and/or supportive services); coordinating meetings and referring donations to partner agencies; setting up for and cleaning up after meals; receiving and organizing donations. City Net’s programs follow Housing First and Harm Reduction service models.
This position is temporary and scheduled to end on or before September 30.
- Morning Shift: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (days to be determined in collaboration with the hiring supervisor)
The Ideal Candidate: Do you have an upbeat passion for ending homelessness? Want to make a difference in the lives of our most vulnerable neighbors during this time of uncertainty and beyond? City Net is looking for empathetic, self-motivated, flexible, dynamic Shelter Associates to join our team of first responders on the front lines of ending street-level homelessness.
- High level of empathy and understanding for people experiencing homelessness and presenting with multiple and urgent case management needs, substance use, health, and/or mental health concerns
- High levels of responsibility, dependability, and positive attitude
- Respectful and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience cultivating and maintaining productive, professional relationships with various stakeholders including clients, coworkers, volunteers, third-party vendors, etc.
- Ability to perform crisis intervention and conflict de-escalation as needed
- Understanding of the importance of quality and timely data collection and reporting
- Understanding of or eagerness to learn about the nonprofit, volunteer, and social services sectors
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds with varying degrees of experience
- Understanding of marginalized communities in general and the conditions which contribute to their marginalization, understanding of homelessness in particular
- Strong interpersonal, planning, and organization skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency including word processing and database management
- Ability to pass background checks successfully upon hire and throughout employment
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Excellent professional boundaries
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Nice To Have
- Security, overnight bridge housing/shelter coordination, customer service, and/or volunteer coordination experience
- Experience interacting with people affected by homelessness, substance use disorders, chronic health and mental health concerns, domestic and intimate partner violence, and/or human trafficking) strongly preferred
- Professional experience and homelessness services contacts in San Diego County
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience in community service, community organizing, and coordinating volunteers
- Professional experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Suite.
- Coordinate and verify on-site scheduled meals, supportive services, events, and volunteers.
- Facilitate the generation of donation receipts and meet data recording requirements as donations come in.
- Effectively communicate to residents when meals and services are scheduled.
- Effectively greet, engage, and assist all meal and service providers during scheduled shift, including performing set up and clean up tasks such as wiping down tables, etc.
- Complete the daily meal log (currently through Google Forms).
- Receive, organize, and distribute donations.
- Organize and maintain inventory of City Net’s storage.
- Report needed supplies/donations to City Net staff.
- Enter new volunteers, meal providers, service providers, and any schedule changes into the Organization’s Volunteer Management System (Volgistics) and any other assigned systems.
- Make copies and replenish all City Net forms at the front desk.
- Distribute meal packs to residents.
- Check and reply to shelter emails professionally and in a timely manner.
City Net is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community organization that is committed to breaking the cycle of homelessness in the communities we serve by connecting neighbors experiencing homelessness to transformative care and innovative housing solutions. Our objective is to reduce homelessness to functional zero in the regions we serve through collaborative supportive services, housing provision, and data-driven solutions that empower our clients to reach their personal goals.
This is a temporary position and the person in this position will be eligible only for certain benefits. We believe in supporting our employees in all areas of life. That is why we offer top-tier benefits to our eligible employees, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance (City Net pays 100% of the employee premium for our baseline plan)
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance (Employer paid group term life and voluntary life)
- Referral program
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Company Vehicles, iPhones, Laptops, and Tablets
- Career Pathing, Raises, Recognition & Rewards
Visit for further details.
If you have questions about this position or our organization, please contact City Net’s Recruitment Team by emailing Recruitment[at]CityNet[dot]org. Please do not contact any of the Homeless Services Outreach Numbers listed on our website, as those phone lines need to remain open exclusively for people who are experiencing homelessness and need help. Thank you!
Personal Protective Equipment, such as masks and gloves are provided by the organization. Physical distancing, enhanced cleaning, and other measures are in place.
Proof of vaccination or weekly testing required. All City Net employees working in California are required by the California State Public Health Officer Order of July 26, 2021 to either be fully vaccinated or to submit proof of weekly testing for COVID-19.
The person in this position will work in an emergency bridge housing location for people exiting street-level homelessness (not working 100% from home). This is a role that is part of the Healthcare/Public Health Critical Infrastructure Sector, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, which is required to continue operating during crises such as the current COVID-19 pandemic. Shelter Associates meet with homeless neighbors in-person. Personal Protective Equipment, such as masks and gloves are provided by the organization.
Expected salary: $17.82 per hour
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 07:39:44 GMT