Job ID 123080
#Youth #Program #Leader #Taft #Community #School #PartTime #Benefits
Youth Program Leader (Taft Community School) – Part-Time w/ Benefits
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
$21 – 25 per hour
To empower the youth in our community with equitable access to social, academic, and career opportunities to thrive
All youth grow up to lead fulfilling lives fueled by their passions, talents, and a love of learning
Our Core Values
Curiosity, Respect, Ownership, Ganas, Unity, and Equity
At the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula (BGCP), our business is changing lives. We are a vibrant, entrepreneurial nonprofit organization that is committed to partnering with schools and the community to ensure students from low-income neighborhoods graduate from high school, ready for college and career. We are the largest expanded learning time organization in the heart of Silicon Valley, serving 2,500 K-12 students at 17 sites in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, and Redwood City. In neighborhoods where one third of the youth drop out of high school, BGCP members learn the importance of education and become part of a community of learners, wanting and expecting to succeed in school. In 3 clubhouses and 14 school sites, we implement proven social and academic interventions and provide engaging enrichments that most impact a youth’s achievement in school and in life.
We are also excited to announce that we are joining forces with the two Boys & Girls Club chapters in the northern part of San Mateo County to serve students from East Palo Alto to Daly City. We are rapidly growing and seeking top talent to help us fulfill our commitment to our community.
BGCP, in partnership with the Redwood City School District at Taft Community School in Redwood City, runs after-school programs for grades K-5 designed to provide students with dynamic academic and enrichment activities and homework assistance to support and complement the school day curriculum and improve school outcomes and interest in learning. Drawing on best practices in youth development, staff members guide students to build academic and life skills in a meaningful, fun context.
The after-school Youth Program Leader position is for those who are available to work every weekday (Monday-Friday) during the school year. Please see the “Expected Work Hours/Schedule” section below for our after-school program hours.
If you are not available to work all 5 weekdays but can commit to working a minimum of 2 weekdays each week, then please apply to or ask us about our Instructional Support Staff position.
Previous experience working with K-5 youth is not required, as we will provide both upfront as well as ongoing training and coaching to ensure you are set up for success.
Employment Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour (DOE)
Expected Work Hours/Schedule:
- 21-25 hours per week
- 5 days a week, Monday-Friday
- 2:00pm-6:30pm (Exception: Thursdays 1:00pm-6:30pm)
- Weekly team meeting + additional professional development trainings
Position Starts: August 2022
What will you do?
- Manage a classroom of approximately 15-20 students
- Provide academic mentoring and homework assistance
- Lead students through guided reading activities or math groups
- Adapt lesson plans for delivering enrichment classes and clubs (art, cooking, STEM, fitness, etc.)
- Conduct life skills and team-building activities
- Communicate with parents/guardians, school staff, and BGCP leadership
- Maintain a positive, safe, productive work environment
- Participate in supporting special events and field trips
- Attend trainings and professional development opportunities
What qualifications will the ideal candidate have?
- Commitment to BGCP’s mission and vision and working with K-5 youth
- Experience building relationships with diverse youth communities and constituents
- Ability to motivate through positive reinforcement
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible in navigating a fast paced environment
- Experience working with K-5 youth is preferred (but not required)
- Spanish fluency is a plus (but not required)
- Vaccinated against COVID (prior to start)
- Cleared LiveScan background check and Negative TB test results (prior to start)
- Mandated Reporter Training certification (prior to start)
- Sexual Harassment Training certification (prior to start)
- Paid Sick Leave (after 90 days)
- Eligible to company-provided medical, dental and vision health benefits (after 90 days)
- Eligible to participate in 401(k) retirement plan (after 90 days) and receive employer 401(k) match of 3% pay (after 1 year)
- Eligible to receive holiday pay on all 13 BGCP-observed holidays (after 90 days)
- Eligible for tuition reimbursement after 6 months of consecutive employment
- Other employee perks and discounts!
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
- Opportunity for part-time or full-time summer employment
- Making our community a great place for all youth to grow up: priceless
Redwood City, CA
Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:49:35 GMT